Three Bean Salad

Options
AMRROL
AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
I just made a standard three bean salad, using .25 cup each of sugar, apple cider vinegar and sunflower oil for the dressing. Turned out 100% yummy. Makes 5 servings at 219 calories a serving.

Therein lies the problem. Most of the calories in this dish are in the dressing. But only a small fraction of the dressing (that coating the beans) is actually eaten. So I am logging in 219 calories but in reality it is probably considerably much less. Wondering how I should account for this. I hate to log in 219 calories if in fact I am only eating 50.

Advice anyone?

Replies

• ellybeann43
    ellybeann43 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would log it in as 219, Id rather be a under than over. Good Luck!
  • AMRROL
    AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    What I ended up doing is, after transferring the salad to individual one cup servings, I measured out how much liquid dressing was left over. It was approximately 1/2 so I reduced the calories correspondingly. Instead of 5 servings, I only ended up with 4 one cup servings coming in at 187 calories. Not a real big difference, but I think it is more accurate.

Next time around I think I will increase the amount of string and wax beans and lower the amount of kidney beans. And only use .125 cup of oil, vinegar and sugar.