Which one ??? Fitbit One or Fitbit Flex

Options
This is a question for all MFP's that have a Fitbit One or a Fitbit Flex? Which one of the two Fitbit appealed to you and why? I'm after buying one and can't making up my mind which one to get so I've put the question to you folks for help. xxx

Replies

• sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    One has wireless sync on the fitbit app for smartphones/iphones & tablets. Not sure about Flex but if not, go with One.
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My sister got the fitbit flex for her and she's giving me one. She likes it because it can sync with MFP with the exercise you're doing so you don't have to log and it's accurate (more so than guessing if you don't have a heart rate monitor).

I guess the main question here is if you want it on your wrist or one you can have elsewhere on your body.
  • NathanFronk
    NathanFronk Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and have been very happy. It's comfy and most of the time i forget that i even have it on. You can shower with it on and is rated to 30ft under water.

I mapped out a 5 mile walk on mapwalk.com and when I got back my Flex thought I had gone 5.08 miles. That's pretty close in my opinion.

I say Flex.
  • whirlybirdknits
    whirlybirdknits Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a One, and I love it. I wouldn't trade it for a Flex, personally. I like how discreet the One is - I can clip it to my bra or pants pocket, and no one notices it at all. I think a Flex would be much more noticeable. I work in a professional environment, and a rubber bracelet would stand out. I've had a fitbit for almost a year now (Ultra for a few months, then upgraded to the One), and no one has even mentioned it to me, despite wearing it every day.
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The One has a little screen that you can look at whenever you want and see just how many steps, stairs, etc. you have done so you know how many more to do. You can wear it clipped anywhere. The flex has some lights that it says show how you are doing but I prefer the numbers myself. If it was on my wrist it would be in the way and I would worry about getting it wet. It is a personal choice of which you prefer. They both trackt he same things. Good luck!
  • mcgeorge5
    mcgeorge5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just got a One on Friday, I have only used it while I had to work this weekend, so I am excited to see how it responds to my workouts this week.
    So far with just steps walked it seems pretty accurate. And I used it for the sleep log last night and it seemed right for that too.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Ok.

You asked one or the other.

Then some guy (like me) comes along and posts a link to another product.

Please don't hate me. I have no affiliation with ANY of these things, but the concept of a calorie tracker appeals to the engineer in me (we LOOOOOOVE data).

This link came in my email the other day. Maybe someone will find it useful. Personally I don't use a tracker, because I hate the idea of wearing it all the time and I'd be tormented by the thought of untracked calories if I ever take it off for even a nano-second. But the concept is marvelous, and if you're going to buy one you may as well buy the best designed one, so research is good, right?

Here's the link.

http://www.popsci.com/gadgets/article/2013-02/basis-band-review-only-fitness-tracker-worth-buying

NOT AFFILIATED!

Carry on.
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The One has a little screen that you can look at whenever you want and see just how many steps, stairs, etc. you have done so you know how many more to do. You can wear it clipped anywhere. The flex has some lights that it says show how you are doing but I prefer the numbers myself. If it was on my wrist it would be in the way and I would worry about getting it wet. It is a personal choice of which you prefer. They both trackt he same things. Good luck!

I agree ^^. Plus I've read several times that people are having problems with the Flex's accuracy.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    One! I like that no one has to know I'm wearing it. I'm not comfortable wearing big pieces of equipment on my body for everyone to judge me by. But that's just my own weird issues. :drinker:
  • CanadianCorner
    Options
    I personally use the Nike Fuelband. I find it more useful for measuring my physical activity than the fitbit flex which only counts steps and distance. The Nike Fuelband is able to measure the intensity of my workouts a lot better.

Checkout the link below for a quick comparison I compiled for the Fitbit Flex vs Nike Fuelband vs Jawbone Up

http://www.canadiancorner.ca/topic/541-comparison-fitbit-flex-vs-nike-fuelband-vs-jawbone-up/