New here? Read this

jtitus311
jtitus311 Posts: 20 Member
So we are all in the same boat. We want to live healthier and make a change in our lives but we have to be honest... it is difficult. The first few days are easy as we are excited and motivated but after that initial motivation wears off, that is when the real test starts.
Here is my advice - USE MFP and get involved on the message boards, become friends with people here. We all know the struggle. This community is amazing and has helped me tremendously! Sure I am only down 13 lbs in a month with a long way to go but my motivation stays in tact by being involved and using MFP.

It is sad to see people come on here bright eyed and full of motivation needing to make a life change and then you start to see the "last logged in 11 days ago" by their name.

I know we are all busy. I got a FT job, a PT job, a 3.5 year old and a pregnant wife but I am staying committed to this and so can you. Don't be another one of those people who falls off the wagon. Join in the conversations, get involved and keep on pushing!!

Feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    you are so right, the community is what keeps you logging in even when you feel like not.
  • ValerieSpencer1
    ValerieSpencer1 Posts: 1 Member
    You are so right. I am a diabetic and I have Hbp. I need to lose 100lbs. I need all the help I can get and it is not easy.
  • sandmark2009
    sandmark2009 Posts: 8 Member
    I've been trying to manage without support but am struggling. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and the steroid treatment has pushed my weight over 200 lbs. I must lose at least 50 to be able to exercise and stop feeling so bad about myself