what do you think of cliff bars? PICTURE INCLUDED

2»

Replies

• mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    I like the Clif Builder bars. Crunchy peanut butter is my fav. They have 20 grams of protein.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    I know that they are basically candy bars, and my impression is that most people don't require them if they're not doing endurance sports. I used to eat them on long bicycle rides. One of my criteria at the time is that they didn't melt in the back pocket of my jersey. They can be useful for long endurance rides where you need to ingest ~200-400 calories per hour to avoid bonking.

I have an old friend who happens to be one of the coaches for the U.S. Olympic bicycling team. He wasn't too impressed with any commercial power bars. He said, you're wasting your money. For energy during a ride, Eat Fig Newtons. (Note: neither he nor I have any vested interest in this product.) They're cheap and are the right mix of nutrients that you can ingest for quick fuel that you can use in the next hour.
  • Andrea8985
    Andrea8985 Posts: 107
    I love them. I don't eat them all the time, but I do eat them when I'm on the go all day and don't have time for a proper meal. I think as far as pre-packaged convenience food goes, they're quite healthy. I will also eat a Larabar once in awhile, but I prefer the Clif bars. I hate Luna bars.

Also: I live in Canada and have never seen these white chocolate macadamia clif bars. Anyone want to send me some? :laugh: They sound delicious!
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    OK in a pinch , I guess. The builders bars are full of trash soy protein. Prefer Quest by a lot.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    I tried the peanut butter one at my Y, but the zone bar they sell was a lot tastier, had more protien, and less cals :p The cliff bar was just to dry for me... which was weird because they look moist :ohwell:
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    don't care too much for them

like these better quest bar

zu0epe.jpg

1y7qdj.jpg
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    I wanna try the cookie dough flavor so bad!!
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member

That is my favorite it is good
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member

It's all I get now lol.

I looked at luna bars once and promptly put it back on the shelf. Way too much sugar.