I just dont know how to do this, but I dont want to give up

Options
I have been "dieting" since October and I weigh even more then I ever had. I just feel like Im unbalanced on this healthy thing. I don't know what food buy, what exercises to do, how much to eat, and what foods are really bad. And I KEEP going back to junk, I cant throw it out because I still live in my parents house And its their food. I don't know what to do. Im admitting I need help. Someone please help.

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    This is just my opinion, everyone else has their own as well.

Fill out MFP with your information, job activity level, and 1 lb a week loss. Take that number and eat it. If you exercise, outside of your normal daily job activity, eat 1/2 to all those calories back to keep your deficit. That's how much to eat really. Food isn't bad or good, it's just food. If you like something, find a way to fit it into your calorie goal. I find portion sizes are the best place to start. Weigh and measure out one serving. Eat it and wait 15-20 minutes. If you want more go weigh or measure another serving. You may not have access to the healthiest foods all the time, but you can work with what you have by limiting the amounts you eat at one time.

I would suggest watching your sodium levels. Junk tends to be filled with added salt which can cause water retention and disguise any loss. Make healthier choices when you're able. Maybe suggest your parents pick up some things you like that are fresher?
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    This is just my opinion, everyone else has their own as well.

Fill out MFP with your information, job activity level, and 1 lb a week loss. Take that number and eat it. If you exercise, outside of your normal daily job activity, eat 1/2 to all those calories back to keep your deficit. That's how much to eat really. Food isn't bad or good, it's just food. If you like something, find a way to fit it into your calorie goal. I find portion sizes are the best place to start. Weigh and measure out one serving. Eat it and wait 15-20 minutes. If you want more go weigh or measure another serving. You may not have access to the healthiest foods all the time, but you can work with what you have by limiting the amounts you eat at one time.

Yep.

There's no trick really. You just have to eat less than your body requires to maintain its current weight. The easiest way to get a hold on that is to plug your info into MFP, log all of your food, and eat the calorie goal that the site gives you. You don't have to eat any special foods or entirely eliminate anything from your diet. Try to get some regular exercise, and make sure to eat back at least some of your exercise calories.