You Can Bounce Back From that (Month-Long) Binge!

Options
Five months of hard work. Logging consistently (with a nightly in-calorie allotment treat), watching my portions, being good. 35 lbs lost. I was doing GREAT. Then I got pregnant. I was concerned about eating healthy, so doctor said to follow an 1800 calorie diet, and I did. Then a miscarriage. And nearly a month-long spiral of crazy binging. We're talking 2 Edwards cream pies a week (those things are better than any therapist), fast food for nearly every meal, polishing a box of Famous Amos cookies in one sitting, 8 donuts at a time. I was easily eating 4,000 calories a day.

Thought for sure I had undone all the hard work. I mean, logically, how could I NOT have gained 15 lbs? Except when I stepped on the scale, it was only 9. Better than I thought. Maybe I'd go back to logging and see if it was possible to make a dent, but I wasn't hopeful. Except within 10 days I had lost 7 of those 9 lbs. And now 2 weeks later, I'm 3 lbs less than my lowest recorded weight this year.

Don't let a binge defeat you. Even a long one. You can do it!

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your loss. But congrats on getting right back on it!
  • ghoti_fish
    ghoti_fish Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This is just what I needed to read - thank you. After 2 weeks of dreadful eating today has been a relatively good day. Tomorrow is weigh day and I'm worried! Whatever happens I can start again.
    Congrats on your determination and sorry that you've had a rough ride xxx
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    This is a great story--and I'm very sorry for your loss.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing! A great reminder that we can all overcome a setback in our logging or eating habits!
    So sorry for your loss
  • Adaniel65
    Adaniel65 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I so needed this today! I was you insofar as logging and lost weight; then my mom died, my dad broke his hip 3 weeks later, we started raising my 3yo nephew the following month, moved twice with the sale of one house and the purchase of another 3 weeks apart - I DID gain 15lbs since April. I'm on day 2 of logging, drinking water and doing the healthy things I was doing before. I hate that I have to lose 15 just to get where I was but better 15 than 20 I suppose!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    This is the best post.

The difference between those who succeed at long-term maintenance and those who don't is one thing: perseverance.

You could have let this derail you and gone back to old habits. But you didn't. You took a month to heal, probably realized that you deserve better, and got back to it.

I'm sorry for your loss, and I wish you tons of success.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I also am sorry for your loss, but way to stop the overindulgences and get back on track. I've found in the past the news from the scale is never as bad in reality as it is in my mind.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! I'm so sorry for your loss. But it's a great reminder that it's never "too late" to get back on the horse.
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! Such a great post and a great reminder that being healthy is a lifelong journey and one that you can always return to, even after suffering some setbacks.
  • lauli22
    lauli22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, you have been really strong not giving up to binge eating and going back loving yourself. This is so inspiring for everyone!
    I bet you will be blessed again with a lucky new life, just let nature take its course
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing this - what an awesome post and great perspective!
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing post. Thank you for sharing! You are an inspiration.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing. You are amazing!
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. You are amazing to go through that and still have the spirit to post such encouragement for us all.

It is exactly what you have done that will allow you to lose and maintain loss of your weight. Life happens. Giving up is easier, but won't help - getting off track and correcting is what makes sustained weight loss possible.

❤️
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss - thank you for sharing with us -sending hugs-
    Very inspirational :)
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Great post! And one I needed today, so thanks for the thoughtful words. I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss ! but way to get back on track again, well done :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. Really sorry for your loss though :(