What are your Low Cal yet High Volume Snack Choices?

Options
2»

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Grapes, pretzels, skinny pop, veggies
  • Optimistical1
    Optimistical1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    AdvantEdge Carb Control shakes - 17g protein and only 100 calories

Chia pudding - 1/2 cup vanilla light almond milk, 1 tbs chia seeds, cinnamon. Let stand in fridge about 30 minutes before eating. Only 74 calories, high in omega-3 & goid amount of fiber.

When I get in a snacky, carb mood, Pirates booty is a good choice. 140 calories for 1oz(about 30 pieces).
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for your input! Sadly I cannot eat popcorn. Will take in account your other ideas! I only need to lose 5lbs yet want to keep a healthy snacking habit. Guess its cauliflowers and pickles! :D

You cannot eat popcorn! I haz a sad. :(

On a serious note, a friend of mine cannot eat popcorn either because she has...Crohn's Disease, IIRC. She calls Pirate's Booty "fake popcorn" in conversation, and buys large bags of it at Costco.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    kuroshii wrote: »
    Thirding the suggestion of air-popped popcorn! If the thought of eating it plain does not appeal to you, a tiny bit of olive oil sprayed on with a mister lets herbs or spices stick to it. Splurge a little and find good quality corn to start with. An example of what NOT to buy is the giant jug of jolly time from Costco: it tastes like paper. Go for the good stuff, it's still less far expensive than anything you'd buy. ;)

This^

I use a microwave popping bowl. I can add just a bit of oil (so toppings stick). I like the taste of white popcorn over yellow.

Another option for air-pop is "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray. This is in the refrigerated section (not an aerosol). The aerosol sprays have a funky taste, blech!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Linzon wrote: »
    I make what I call 'sad nachos' - thinly sliced cucumber with salsa and yogurt-sriracha sauce for dipping.

If it is sad, how can it be your favourite? For me.. if its something I describe as sad, I don't think I'd ever make room for it.
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    The OP has since stated that she cannot eat popcorn. :(
    We need to come up with more NON-popcorn munchies for her!
  • FitterFifteen
    FitterFifteen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is great and is my go to.
    Next is probably fridge raiders (chicken bites) they come in at about 130 kcals.
    Pickled onions are also great inbetweens.
  • SkinnyLight777
    SkinnyLight777 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for you input everyone! Greatly appreciated!
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    1 bag of stea,fresh veggies..usually broccoli..with 1 serving of ranch or spicy peanut sauce..
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Ranch dip made with fat free greek yogurt. On cherry tomatoes or red bell pepper or whatever veg you like. Or even better, on strips of boneless, skinless chicken breast dusted with spices and broiled.

See, this is why I come on here. I am not thinking of this stuff for MYSELF, but if someone ASKS then I remember.....