Hello :)

Options
Hello! I'm new here! About me: I grew up in a small town and moved to a big city for my masters degree. I've been living in the city for 3 years now (I graduated a year ago) and since I moved here I've gained 40 pounds!!! Part of the reason (other than eating bad and not exercising) is that I went through a depression when I moved here because I missed home so much. I think the amount of weight I've gained has been amplified from taking antidepressants. Anyway, I'm doing much better now and have been trying to watch what I eat as well as exercise. My brother and I go to the gym 4 days a week and he is teaching me to box! It's really fun! I'm just worried that I'll let things slip again so I thought I'd join this community for support! :)

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    This community will definitely help you :]

I'm sorry to hear about your depression - I have been on anti depressants for around 8 years and have had no problems with losing my excess weight, so I hope that can give you some hope here. Wishing you the very best of luck and happiness.
  • aacaste
    aacaste Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This community will definitely help you :]

I'm sorry to hear about your depression - I have been on anti depressants for around 8 years and have had no problems with losing my excess weight, so I hope that can give you some hope here. Wishing you the very best of luck and happiness.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that! :)
  • healthyrachel1979
    healthyrachel1979 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!