It's getting hard

Options
As I lose more weight my calories keep going lower & lower... down to 1300 after my last weigh-in. I exercise 3 days/ week so I have more calories on those days. What advice do you have for the other days? Today I stole a page from the intermittent fasting book and skipped breakfast. Any other ideas?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    The minimum amount of calories you should be eating, as a male, is 1500. Why are you eating less than that?
  • siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    More vegetables. You have eat unholy amounts of them before it is too many calories, so that might make it more filling.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    The minimum amount of calories you should be eating, as a male, is 1500. Why are you eating less than that?

that.....
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Choose a less aggressive goal. Your goal (ie 1lb a week, .5 lbs a week, etc) over time should become less to prepare yourself for maintenance.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    and im a 5'1 female and would starve on 1300/ day
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I find that the longer I'm at it, the harder it gets. Eating healthier foods helps a lot - they're so low-cal and filling, so helpful!

One time, though, I just needed a break. So I took several months off and then went back to it and the weight started coming off pretty quickly again. There is something about starting that helps the weight come off faster. For me, anyway.
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am at 1300 because my goal is losing 2 lb. Per week.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Which, according to your profile, you have 22 lbs to go, is too aggressive. Switch it to 1 lb a week.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    You've lost 109lbs? Fantastic!
  • michael_jordan7
    Options
    I appreciate everyone 's feedback, I'll consider adjusting my goal.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    That's what she said.

But seriously.....please consider changing your calorie goal. I'm 5'3, 50 years old and a woman, and I eat more than that.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Change it.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    In answer to your question, i eat 80 ca yogurt at breakfast with half cup of crunchy cereal for 160 calories. That's satisfying. Low-cal lunch. The remainder for dinner.

It's working ok.
  • michael_jordan7
    Options
    My diary is open for all to see, most days I eat 1500 or more, because I also exercised, but I was looking for ideas for days like today, when I didn't.
  • michael_jordan7
    Options
    In answer to your question, i eat 80 ca yogurt at breakfast with half cup of crunchy cereal for 160 calories. That's satisfying. Low-cal lunch. The remainder for dinner.

It's working ok.

Thank you for the response, I love the 80 or 100 calorie Greek yogurts.
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    Lower your weightloss goal and make sure your activity level is set correctly.

As a 160 lb, 5'5 woman, I average around 2000 calories a day and still lose. I do almost no formal exercise besides walking.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    On adjusting your goal, consider averaging your exercise calories for the week so that you eat 1500 everyday instead of just the days you exercise.