Snacks/needs with These Criteria:

Options
I need high salt, high protein, low fat, gluten free, dairy free snack ideas. I'm about sick of nuts. Help please!!!!

Replies

• sleeslee82
    sleeslee82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try cooking (roasting) some chicken breast/boneless thighs in the schwarz chicken seasoning and chopping up into bite size pieces. Super savoury, high protein and low fat.
  • caroayalafree
    caroayalafree Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Blue planet tuna from Costco meets your criteria. Eggwhite muffin cups too
  • tdr82
    tdr82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    beef jerky
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Does beef jerky or any kind of jerky have gluten? I guess it depends on what flavoring is used.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head, anything with chickpeas. Add your own salt. You can roast them or blend them for hummus.

Beef jerky.

Turkey bacon (well, pseudo-bacon).
  • eugenia94102
    eugenia94102 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

One of the few gluten free items I buy ready made are lentil crisps. Check the indian food section of your market.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Roasted chic peas or any beans that you want to roast.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Pork Rinds.... Gosh I am addicted to BBQ and Sweet Heat ones from Golden Flake..

Popcorn is my next one... I am addicted to Skinny Pop (Salt and Pepper and the naturally sweet ones)... I also make my own bacon popcorn... yummy
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    amykluver wrote: »
    I need high salt, high protein, low fat, gluten free, dairy free snack ideas. I'm about sick of nuts. Help please!!!!

Pickled eggs? You can pickle them at home. Not low fat, but the rest of your qualifications.

Roasted chickpeas? The fat depends on how much oil, if any, that you use.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    This sounds weird but have you ever had smoked tofu? It is one of my faves. I often eat it with cucumber or with crackers (although you'd need to use gf crackers).
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Chicken noodle soup. Add GF noodles one bowl at a time. If you add the noodles in all at once the noodles keep growing and growing, like some kid's weird bath toy.
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This sounds weird but have you ever had smoked tofu? It is one of my faves. I often eat it with cucumber or with crackers (although you'd need to use gf crackers).
    I haven't but I like the limited tofu (fried and another way I can't recall as it's been a long time) I've had. Do I just get extra firm, dry it, and then put it on the smoker (I have a Big Green Egg)? I don't get along w/ cucumber, but could do GF Crackers if needed. thanks!
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Does beef jerky or any kind of jerky have gluten? I guess it depends on what flavoring is used.
    Yes - you have to really watch beef jerkey (or any jerkey) as wheat & soy sauce (most often not GFree) are often in it. The other issue is trying to find a kind that's GF, not going to break the bank for the tiny bit you get, and that's more tender than chewing on a leather belt (not that I've done it - but had plenty of jerkey that would have been less tender than a cheap belt).
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I like popcorn with nutritional yeast. And I love the big white 'gigante' beans from Italy fixed with minced garlic & vinegar... NOM NOM NOM