Low carb diet but not losing weight!!

Options
So I have been eating clean, strength training and doing cardio for the past year. I lost 12 pounds in 3 months than been back and forth between 153 and 150. I didn't follow my meal plan during holidays and birthdays. My goal weight is 140 I know they say last 10 pounds is hard to lose but I'm losing my faith in this thing. My meal plan is around 1400 calories now and I do cardio 3x a week and strength train 3x a week.

Has anyone been in the same situation ???please help

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Eating clean really has nothing to do with weight loss. You can eat 100% clean and still gain weight. One of the first questions you'll be asked is, are you weighing your food? If not, you are probably eating more than you think
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you lost weight? If only a few weeks, be patient.

If it's been quite awhile, you're just not in a calorie deficit. You can fix it by weighing your food if you're not already and being sure to log as accurately as possible
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    That flowchart is the bomb.com, seriously.

Eating clean, working out doesn't always = weight loss. Like these smart ladies have already suggested start using a food scale. Be consistent & accurate with what you're eating and drinking.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    You may need to reduce calories more or just be patient. I find that I get a "whoosh" of weight loss after my scale stays about the same for a while. Perhaps if you wait it out it will eventually drop. Otherwise, you may need to drop a few more calories.

Good luck. I hope you see results soon.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    That flowchart is the bomb.com, seriously.

Eating clean, working out doesn't always = weight loss. Like these smart ladies have already suggested start using a food scale. Be consistent & accurate with what you're eating and drinking.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that still says bomb[dot]com :joy:

ETA: OP, answer the questions above. You got good advice up there ^^
  • optionsgod
    optionsgod Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    do you weigh your food?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eating clean, has nothing to do with weight loss. Eating at a deficit results in loss. If you're not losing, you're eating at maintenance.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    yami0385 wrote: »
    So I have been eating clean, strength training and doing cardio for the past year. I lost 12 pounds in 3 months than been back and forth between 153 and 150. I didn't follow my meal plan during holidays and birthdays. My goal weight is 140 I know they say last 10 pounds is hard to lose but I'm losing my faith in this thing. My meal plan is around 1400 calories now and I do cardio 3x a week and strength train 3x a week.

Has anyone been in the same situation ???please help

You are not losing weight because you are not eating at a calorie deficit. Get a food scale, weigh all your food, log everything you eat, and you will get a good idea of intake.

If you eat your exercise calories back, eat only about 75% because they are usually overestimated.

That back and forth between 153 and 150 is normal weight fluctuation for a person eating at maintenance.

Since you have so little to lose, you should set your goals to lose .5 pounds a week, but your logging must be as accurate as possible.

Oh, and pay attention the chart above. It's spot on.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Eating clean isn't enough. You have to eat little enough to lose weight, no matter what you're eating.

A few weeks without a loss is no big deal. Nothing to fret about! Lots of people lose in whooshes. But if you really haven't lost anything in quite a while, you need to eat less, exercise more or both.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Wow ...a consensus ..this thread should be framed :)
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    If you eat your exercise calories back, eat only about 75% because they are usually overestimated.

Better yet, none. I see the supposed calorie burns of people on my friends list and it's ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if most people's "It doesn't work!" posts are because of calorie overestimations.
  • yami0385
    yami0385 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone thank you for your responses! Quick update I'm 135lbs but still have belly fat. I'm still eating clean and I weigh my food. Cardio 3xs a week and strength train 3xs a week.

Meal plan
    6 egg whites
    1 cup of cooked oatmeal

Iso protein shake scoop and a half with flax seed oil

4 ounces of meat
    1 cup of brown rice
    1 cup of greens

Iso protein shake scoop and half with flax seed oil

4 ounces of meat
    1 cup of greens

1 fruit
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone thank you for your responses! Quick update I'm 135lbs but still have belly fat. I'm still eating clean and I weigh my food. Cardio 3xs a week and strength train 3xs a week.

Meal plan
    6 egg whites
    1 cup of cooked oatmeal

Iso protein shake scoop and a half with flax seed oil

4 ounces of meat
    1 cup of brown rice
    1 cup of greens

Iso protein shake scoop and half with flax seed oil

4 ounces of meat
    1 cup of greens

1 fruit

Wow! I guess the advice really helped. You should be very proud of your hard work. You exceeded your original goal. Way to go!! You probably already know you cant spot reduce. I am sure you look great! Congrats to you!!
  • yami0385
    yami0385 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yeah but I would like to know should I build muscle or get more lean to get rid of the rest of the fat?
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Yeah but I would like to know should I build muscle or get more lean to get rid of the rest of the fat?

People on these boards usually recommend a good resistance strength training program for when you are getting closer to your weight goal. That way it's much easier to get to a very lean physique, rather than aiming to lose pound after pound to reduce the flab that's left.