Food plan for Weight Gain

Options
Looking for some recipes and meal prep ideas for weight gain. Would like to put on at least 10 lbs by Christmas.

Any help is appreciated.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Take anything you like and enjoy eating right now.

Eat more of it. Specifically more than you burn daily.

Done.

Just as there are no recipes or meal prep ideas specific for weight loss, none for weight gain either.
    Just need to eat more.

The exercise you do while eating more than maintenance will determine if it goes on as fat or muscle.
  • mariadalmadi
    mariadalmadi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have to put on 13 lbs until Christmas.How much calories do you need for one day? Because I usually eat 5 times a day anyway , its difficult eat more . I just changed something: I drink my coffee with coffee whitener+ a lot milk , drink o lot smoothie instead water, jelly baby or grape glucose tablet , everyday a kind of egg (ex Hungarian egg soup) fruit + double cream, yoghurt + grounded seeds, rice pudding , dried fruit, nuts are high in calorie , popcorn
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Your goal of gaining 13 lbs before Christmas might be a bit too ambitious. There's a little under 11 weeks left, so you'd need to gain about a pound a week. That would require a weekly surplus if 4136 calories. That is 591 extra calories a day.

Why do you want/need to gain that number?
  • silverstormborn
    silverstormborn Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It might be a little too ambitious, but if you commit yourself, it's not impossible. Eat foods high in calories, but don't forget to add fruit & vegetables daily, so it passes through & you don't get bloated. You can also drink your calories, if you don't enjoy eating or whenever you're in a rush & don't have the time to sit down, look up smoothie recipes for weight gaining. I've found peanut butter to be really effective. Don't go a day without a peanut butter sandwich! :3
  • mariadalmadi
    Options
    We do IVF , I'm 34 old , 168cm, 46.2kg. The doctor told me until I don't gain 6 kg they don't start the treatment. I've got 3 months. It means every week I should gain half a kg. I've got appointment to a dietitians but only on 26 October. I run out of time so I just started myself . After a week I put on 0.2kg and for start I'm happy with it. I didn't go to gym yet but of course I know I have to . This is the first time when I try gain weight counting the calories so I'm happy for any advice .
  • mariadalmadi
    Options
    We have at home only Nutella but I'll buy peanut butter:) what do you thing about avocado ?
  • lucygoesrawr
    lucygoesrawr Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    We have at home only Nutella but I'll buy peanut butter
    Nutella is incredibly high calorie too - no need to get peanut butter if you like that.