haven't lost weight in more than 2 weeks help!!!

Options
I've been eating healthy for more than 2 weeks now I have eaten 2 slices of pizza in this period of time that's the only junk food I've had so far and yet I haven't lost one pound I eat more vegetables do 45 minutes of cardio and sometimes add another 30 minutes at night and I have seen nothing yet am I just being dramatic should I just be more patient or is there something I'm doing wrong your help will do me good

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Are you weighing your food (not measuring, but actually weighing on a scale)?
    Do you log all of your food?
    Do you use "Generic - " or "Homemade - " entries from the database?
    Are there any days where you just skip logging?
    Where are you in your monthly cycle?
    Did you start working out at the same time you started dieting?
  • denise81913
    denise81913 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The only thing I haven't done is weighing my food
    Yeah I started working out the same day I started dieting
    I haven't skipped a single day of logging in
    I do homemade
    Yes I log all my food
  • denise81913
    Options
    Thank you so much I'll go ahead and read this
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    The only thing I haven't done is weighing my food
    Yeah I started working out the same day I started dieting
    I haven't skipped a single day of logging in
    I do homemade
    Yes I log all my food

New workout routines or increased intensity in workout routines can cause water retention. Your body retains water during these scenarios for muscle repair. Water retention can easily mask fat loss. When your muscles are done repairing the water weight will come off.

Beware of any entries from the database that start with Homemade or where Homemade is listed as the brand. Why? It is very, very unlikely that what you are eating has the same nutritional information as those entries. Ingredients used and amounts will likely vary. You have no clue if your using the same ingredients in the same amounts as the user who created the entry. If your making a dish that has multiple servings use the recipe builder and add each ingredient (you can even go back and edit ingredient quantities later if you make it again but change something slightly). If it's just for you, then just log each ingredient in your diary (look for usda ones when possible).

• VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, it's not the pizza! I have pizza at least once a week (I love pizza), and I've been losing steadily!

Since you cook a lot, I'd use the recipe function. That, in conjunction with a kitchen scale, makes home cooking easy to estimate. I use it for everything from soups, to bread, to pasta sauce. Works great!
  • denise81913
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for your help and tips. ..so I weight myself today and the scale said I'm down to 161 but I haven't noticed anything new on my clothes they fit practically the same
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for your help and tips. ..so I weight myself today and the scale said I'm down to 161 but I haven't noticed anything new on my clothes they fit practically the same

Two weeks is not nearly a long enough time frame to determine anything. You need to learn about weight fluctuation.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    BUT, are you in a deficit?
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Too much cardio! Pump iron twice a week instead.
  • sinbadfxdl
    sinbadfxdl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Its a good time to stop weighing yourself and measure your waist weekly where your belly button is. You will see the drop and get results there if you are ar a calorie deficit.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Logging your actual food is really important. That's the only way you can see where the calories are hiding out. lol
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

Two weeks is not nearly a long enough time frame to determine anything. You need to learn about weight fluctuation.

I didn't even bother to weight myself for the first four weeks of my diet/new life style. After that time I found I was down abount 5 pounds and started this in earnest. I have no idea what happened during that four week period. ignorance can be bliss.

Once I started, with a food scale and weekly weigh ins, I have lost reasonably consistantly, save for the week in the DR where I gain three. (Lost that 3 the following week).

It might be a good idea to just start and not weigh yourself for a while and let things settle into what you're doing. Just my thoughts, Seems to have worked for me.
  • denise81913
    Options
    Thanks everyone I indeed did los 6 pounds but 2 days ago I noticed my shirts feel loose I will take you word on not weighting myself but instead just weekly measure my stomach