New Salad Idea

Options
I'm super happy about this new salad combo I came up with just fresh today out of my brain! :):):)

Bangin' Salad = Cauliflower + wild caught pink salmon (canned) + avocado + toasted pinenuts + mint + parsley + rocket/lettuce + chargrilled corn.

The flavour combo blew my mind, so yummy. I'm fully satisfied and not bloated. Dairy free and lots of energy. Great for lunch or dinner, and keeps well if you make too much.

I have a photo which I'll also post up in a tic.

Basic instructions to help enhance flavour are below, or just toss it all together :)

Turn on frypan to medium and lightly toast your pinenuts. Watch them like a hawk, they can burn quickly! While you're watching and waiting, steam an ear of corn (or about 1/2 cup if using packaged) with one cup of roughly chopped cauliflower. I do this by placing both in a shallow bowl, pouring in about a finger thick of water, covering tightly with clingwrap and zapping in microwave for 3 mins. Now take your pinenuts out, pour in a teaspoon olive oil into the now hot pan, and chuck in about a quarter of a roughly chopped onion. Lightly fry for about a minute and add in your cauliflower and corn (if you're using an ear of corn just turn it every so often so each side is chargrilled/fried). A little salt and pepper goes in now (or lemon pepper if you have it) works great here to add flavour, same if you have some powdered or minced garlic. Chuck it in! :) Lightly fry together on high heat for a few minutes until your cauliflower is getting golden. Take off the heat and if you like, cut the corn off, or you can keep it on the cob, up to you. I like to mix it in the salad but totally whatever you prefer. Now in your serving bowl toss in a handful of rocket, half a chopped avocado and tear up a small handful each of some mint and parsley, toss this around. Now put your cauliflower and corn mix in, add the drained salmon (can use tuna instead if you prefer) and sprinkle with your toasted pinenuts. Tadaa! Can add a squeeze of lemon or chilli for extra zing if you like. Now take a picture ;) just kidding, but if you do you can Insta me @zoewarne and I'll love to like your picture, then eat and enjoy!

Would love to hear your thoughts on this, additions, substitutions and more ideas! :) cheers

Replies

• ewrook
    ewrook Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That sounds amazing! I would love to serve this for a healthy, light dinner for special guests. It must be so gorgeous and delicious.
  • greymouse
    greymouse Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ok trying my first pic :) Here is my Bangin' Salad, hope you like it.

11950661_1658861777665103_1097102538_n.jpg
  • greymouse
    Options
    ewrook wrote: »
    That sounds amazing! I would love to serve this for a healthy, light dinner for special guests. It must be so gorgeous and delicious.

Thanks for your kind words. I just posted a picture. If serving at a dinner party you could plate it up more snazzyily than I did, the colors would look beautiful. You could also a grilled salmon fillet instead of canned! :) Let me know how you go :)
  • greymouse
    Options
    Just made another new combination featuring the steamed/chargrilled corn (am addicted!) :)

Salad in the Sunshine: Chargrilled corn + apple + mint + avocado + egg + cabbage + parsley + spring onion, with a light honey/fish sauce/sweet chilli dressing. Yummy new combo :)

12142297_895442257200567_912238684_n.jpg

Love to hear your thoughts and new combo ideas too. You could add fish or chicken to the above for a protein boost too if you like xx :):wink:
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Yummy! I made one with salmon, avacado, bacon, baby greens hard boiled eggs and cherry tomato. But you can add corn!

Heres a idea: corn black beans brown rice and salsa with chunk chicken and sour cream/tofutti

mango black beans salsa chicken

nectarine tuna celery romaine corn

egg salad with tuna currants/raisins and curry

carrots and raisins with apple sauce and cinnamon

applesauce with pb and cinnamon

Blueberry (lite cook til pop) salmon almond slivers toasted ginger on kale and endive siced cabvage sliced carrot and b spinach
  • greymouse
    Options

Yummmmmmm!!!!!!!! Such great list of ideas!
  • blwasson73
    blwasson73 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Since fall is here, I love a good autumn salad with mixed greens, roasted chicken, roasted butternut squash, pomegranate seeds, roasted pumpkin seeds and homemade basalmic. So good!
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Mmmm this looks so good! I don't eat fish but I'm sure tempeh would be a great protein sub. I'll try it and let you know! Thanks for sharing :)
  • saladcrunchy
    saladcrunchy Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    greymouse wrote: »
    Just made another new combination featuring the steamed/chargrilled corn (am addicted!) :)

Salad in the Sunshine: Chargrilled corn + apple + mint + avocado + egg + cabbage + parsley + spring onion, with a light honey/fish sauce/sweet chilli dressing. Yummy new combo :)

[Love to hear your thoughts and new combo ideas too. You could add fish or chicken to the above for a protein boost too if you like xx :):wink:

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

these look fantastic - wonderful , thank youx

• greymouse
    Options
    blamundson wrote: »
    Since fall is here, I love a good autumn salad with mixed greens, roasted chicken, roasted butternut squash, pomegranate seeds, roasted pumpkin seeds and homemade basalmic. So good!

Ohhh that sounds delicious! It's coming into Spring here in Australia, but I think I might need to make that now! :)
  • greymouse
    Options
    Mmmm this looks so good! I don't eat fish but I'm sure tempeh would be a great protein sub. I'll try it and let you know! Thanks for sharing :)

Yes good point, tempeh would be yummy. It also works without the fish and just add another egg xx