Compound Exercise... am I ready?

Options
Hey guys,

I'm 5ft 1 & 84lbs. 2 weeks ago I joined myfitnesspal & in my first 2 weeks I've been gaining weight for the first time in a very long time {I'm 25 years old & I've pretty much weighed the same since I was 15}.

I know just how frustrating it is to want to gain weight, & I want to gain weight so desperately that I've been rushing... But it's all finally catching up to me. After 2 weeks I've become 90-92lbs at the highest. I can't tell you just how uncomfortable I've been feeling for the passed couple days now... It's like all the weight I've been putting on is simply fat & just sitting around my waist. I can't suck my tummy in, I feel like my body is already lacking definition. I honestly feel like a pregnant anoretic!

It's horrible, & it's a lesson I guess I needed to learn... I cannot simply rush to my goal weight. At least not without exercise & I've been afraid to participate in any form of exercise in fear of losing any progress I make.

I'm not entirely sure whether someone at my weight should be doing any exercise yet. Whether I should just be gaining fat first & then add a little exercise later, or whether they should go hand in hand regardless of my weight, as long as I am hitting my daily goal.

Also, my daily goal is only 1,870. I'm wondering whether I should be aiming for this or going above with a 250-500 surplus. Has myfitnesspal included the surplus?

Any feedback would be so much appreciated.

Thank you.

Replies

• mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Start exercising.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Unless you are told by a doctor to not exercise, I don't' see a reason to not do it. But if you don't exercise almost all of your gains will be fat, more specifically, if you aren't weight training. Personally, I would exercise to help add some muscle which has a host of benefits in itself such as: more muscle can = stronger body, faster metabolic, leaner, if you are gaining muscle your body fat % won't go as high and you will enjoy your body more.

I would look to do a structure program like strong curves, strong lift, or starting strength.