haven't lost any weight yet

Options
2»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If you eat pretty much the same everyday, logging won't be too hard after you get the first few days input because you can just copy things from one day to next.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    ruissd wrote: »
    dubird wrote: »
    ruissd wrote: »
    Get a food scale and weigh your food. Trust me, it's a lifesaver! I thought I was doing everything right but I was not losing weight. I was so frustrated! Then I started weighing my food and realized how off I was. I started steadily losing weight. Good luck!

OK I think I might try that!! Could you get them anywhere

Pretty much. I've seen them in Target and Walmart.

And yeah, weighing and logging is a pain and takes time, but it's the only way to be sure you're actually eating what you think are. When I tried weighing, I realized that just rough estimates weren't cutting it. I was missing 200-400 calories a day that weren't being logged! I've since learned how to estimate better (three years later), but you're going to be using the scale a lot when you first start out. Once you've gotten a list of frequently eaten things in your diary and can accurately judge a portion, you can phase out some of the weighing. I still pull mine out for new things and to double check myself randomly, but it's much easier now. Also, use the recipe function! It's really handy and if it's a meal you make a lot, you can add it as well and as long as you're getting the same amount each time, it's quicker to log.

If it helps, when you have down time, you can at least pre-portion out snacks or quick lunches. That's what I do when I bring home a bag of something. Just weigh a portion out, bag it, and repeat. That way, when I want that snack, I can grab JUST a portion that I know what the calorie count is and not eat a lot more. Easier to log, easier to fit into my day, and I still get the snack I want.

That's awesome I love that idea ! Is there a list you can get online for weighing the food I will go buy one today!

MFP has a pretty full database, but it's not going to be 100% accurate. But it's close enough that if you pick entries that go by weight and enter the weight, you'll be ok. A lot of times you can scan food and it will be in MFP's database, which is helpful as well.