Does this sound about right?

Options
Today I hit 60 lbs lost in 8 1/2 months! According to my Aria scale & Trendweight, that consisted of 42 lbs of fat and 18 lb of muscle. I was weight training 3 times a week for the first 7 months but right now, I am only doing 1-2 times plus Aqua Fit twice a week and lots of walking. I have 58 to lose for my ultimate goal. Should I add back more weight training?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yes. What kind of weight training are you doing?
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Some bodyweight like squats, TRX rows, push ups (against the bar) plus lat pulldowns, rows, bicep curls, farmer carries. My trainers were concentrating on large muscle groups to help with weight loss.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss!

I wouldn't worry too much about what the scale is saying about the fat vs. muscle loss. Your body is not made up of just fat and muscle. There's fat, muscle, bone, water, etc. Lean body mass (LBM) is everything except fat. We know by now that when you lose weight you're going to lose LBM. Think about the first flush of water weight loss at the beginning of any weight loss plan. That's LBM. So you know that the 42/18 split of fat/muscle is wrong because it leaves precisely 0 pounds to account for the water weight loss. In other words, while you have lost some muscle, it's unlikely that you lost 18 pounds of it.

That being said, I would be sure to train twice a week, using a solid plan.

Keep up the good work :)