142 pounds lost

Options
2»

Replies

• Jellybean1970
    Jellybean1970 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    First of all, thank you everyone for the kind words.

I didnt go on a specific diet. Just changed my eating by eating less, healthier and not eating out. At first I started walking out doors after dark because I was to ashamed to walk during the day. At 60 pounds lost I joined the gym and have been going for a year now. I wasn't always faithful, and when I wasn't I accepted that and then got back on track. I think you need to slip up once in a while. Even when I slipped up I kept going to the gym. It is so important because at least it helped me maintain during those slip ups. One trick I do have is lemons and water. Almost every weekend morning upon waking I squeezed 4 lemons into a 1 1/2 litre bottle of water and drank it before eating. It worked great as a cleanse. I have drank so many lemons I couldn't even begin to count them. And no, I didn't add any sugar or anything. I also had a wondeful supportive male friend in my life who I am going to be so proud next weekend to call my husband. :heart: He is so supportive of me and loves me big or small but wants me healthy and happy.
  • LHNichols
    LHNichols Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How lovely you look -- congratulations on some amazing willpower! Two years is a long time to ante up the stamina to stay with it and yet you did and wow at your success!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    What a great story! I'm so happy that you've found true love and someone who is supportive. I, too, drink lemon water first thing in the morning. Also I try to eat a half of grapefruit before lunch and the other half before dinner. Even though I may not always be consistent with the grapefruit, I am with the lemons. And like you said, no added sugar. It's just so refreshing to drink.
    Congrats on your weight loss and I wish you much success.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    sorry it posted twice
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Amazing and Congratulations for both events!!! Have a happy wedding day!!

D
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! Awesome Job!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! way to go girl!!:flowerforyou:
  • Ladeejulz
    Ladeejulz Posts: 56
    Options
    You look great!!! Congratulations!!! I really needed to see this today because this weekend has been really bad for food!! Too many things going on and the feeling that my determination was slipping away!! My goal is to reach 180lbs also and you have affirmed that it can be done! Thank you for your post and how much it has inspired me to keep on keeping on!!! :huh:
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    Awww Connie!!!:flowerforyou: You have done such an amazing job and you should be sooo proud of yourself. I am extra proud of you for posting your before picture, and putting your true pounds that you have lost. You worked sooooo hard. And I KNOW how proud your soon to be husband is.:wink: I hear it pretty much every day. :laugh: You are going to make an absolutely beautiful bride, I am so excited for you!!! This will be a very busy week for you, if you guys need help with something let me and C-rad know. Otherwise we will see you tomorrow for your ENGAGEMENT photos!!!! You will look awesome no doubt. We just have to worry about S-boy havin a funny lookin smile on his face. haha Congrats on this achievement and I will be here if you need any extra help for the next 20 pounds!!!!:bigsmile:
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That's so encouraging! Thanks for sharing and congrats on your upcoming wedding!!
  • alexia99
    alexia99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Very Inspiring...it's tough to even lose 10 lbs...what an achievment!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!