Can someone help me understand caloric intake?

Options
2»

Replies

• kingrat2014
    kingrat2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Try reading "The Calorie Myth: How to Eat More & Exercise Less" by Jonathan Bailor.

No, don't waste your time reading fad diet type books meant to make money from the desparate and those prone to wishful thinking. A sensible, sustainable calorie deficit (built through cutting calories and, ideally, activity) is all you need.

If you do not want to spend money on a book like this there are 2 choices: 1 - go to a library and borrow it or 2nd - listen to his free podcast.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Try reading "The Calorie Myth: How to Eat More & Exercise Less" by Jonathan Bailor.

No, don't waste your time reading fad diet type books meant to make money from the desparate and those prone to wishful thinking. A sensible, sustainable calorie deficit (built through cutting calories and, ideally, activity) is all you need.

If you do not want to spend money on a book like this there are 2 choices: 1 - go to a library and borrow it or 2nd - listen to his free podcast.

Time is money.

I've heard him on a podcast, however. That's one of the reasons I wouldn't read his book.