13»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    incisron wrote: »
    Curious.

Wait ......

You're the big bag of M&Ms thread starter.

Why the questions about specific foods? Are these some of your favourites?

On the big bag of M&Ms thread, someone mentioned eating a bag of M&Ms after lasagna. I've been thinking about lasagna ever since.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    We had some a few weeks ago.

OP, I'm trying to understand the point of the question and the other one about M&Ms. Are you looking for recipes? Kindred spirits? Are you trying to give yourself permission to eat foods that you think are questionable? Or are you genuinely curious about others' eating habits?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    kdblpn wrote: »
    I make lasagna roles....take a lasagna noodle, put a little sauce down the middle, top with cheese, roll up. Little more sauce on top with a little more cheese and put it in the oven to melt the cheese. Its a lot easier to control the calories.

I've always been curious about these, because I've seen recipes on Pinterest quite a bit. For me, the hardest part of making lasagna is dealing with the slippery noodles, which is why I started using the no boil noodles and baking longer. Rolling those suckers around the cheese filling seems to be a lot more work, but maybe I'm missing something? Is it more difficult to make than the regular layered kind?

The layering is what makes lasagna so sublimely good...
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I make lasagna roles....take a lasagna noodle, put a little sauce down the middle, top with cheese, roll up. Little more sauce on top with a little more cheese and put it in the oven to melt the cheese. Its a lot easier to control the calories.

I've always been curious about these, because I've seen recipes on Pinterest quite a bit. For me, the hardest part of making lasagna is dealing with the slippery noodles, which is why I started using the no boil noodles and baking longer. Rolling those suckers around the cheese filling seems to be a lot more work, but maybe I'm missing something? Is it more difficult to make than the regular layered kind?

I agree with that, but people rave about these rolls and they talk about how it is so much easier, but to me it doesn't seem like it would be.
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member

I've always been curious about these, because I've seen recipes on Pinterest quite a bit. For me, the hardest part of making lasagna is dealing with the slippery noodles, which is why I started using the no boil noodles and baking longer. Rolling those suckers around the cheese filling seems to be a lot more work, but maybe I'm missing something? Is it more difficult to make than the regular layered kind?[/quote]

Its not as hard as i thought it would be. You just cant put a ton of sauce on them because as you roll it the sauce spreads out. I just use sauce with hamburger and low fat mozzarella cheese on mine. I do the same for my boyfriend and stepson but i add ricotta cheese to theirs....they love them too.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »

I agree with that, but people rave about these rolls and they talk about how it is so much easier, but to me it doesn't seem like it would be.

Same. If I'm going to take the time to make pasta rolls of an sort, it's going to manicotti. And there is no way I am working my manicotti into a normal day while cutting calories. ;)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

Its not as hard as i thought it would be. You just cant put a ton of sauce on them because as you roll it the sauce spreads out. I just use sauce with hamburger and low fat mozzarella cheese on mine. I do the same for my boyfriend and stepson but i add ricotta cheese to theirs....they love them too.[/quote]

I might give them a try - but another thing you just said, about them having less sauce, also makes it sound like it wouldn't be as good as regular lasagna to me. The cheesy sauciness is the best part!!!!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Nope. I can't stand it. Ugh.
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Oh my goodness, I have not had lasagna in so long. Now that I've found some lactose free cheese, it might be time to make some. :)

Just make it vegetarian and then you would have a big 'ol pan of 'hell no'.

lol!!!!
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    I'm just curious. Had a piece today.