Lose 30 lbs in 6 months?! Help me reach my goal!

Options
My sister is getting married in Mexico in April on a beach and I'm the maid of honour. So we're 6 months away and I still have 30 lbs to lose. I'm 5'3 and currently 150 lbs. The thing is, I just had my third baby 3 months ago. I'm trying to balance breastfeeding, lack of sleep and juggling the three kids (all under 5) while trying to eat well and exercise from home. I was 185 lbs when I had the baby and I've lost 35 lbs now so far. I'm desperate to look amazing for this wedding (and life in general). I would love some advice, encouragement, tips, anything, to help me get to this goal! Tell me losing 30 lbs in 6 months is doable with hard work and clean eating?!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Doable with hard work, yes. Clean eating is just a preference. As long as you're in a calorie deficit, you'll lose. But don't beat yourself up if you don't get there, because at a bit over a pound a week, that could be tough as you get closer to your goal. Also make sure you're eating enough to keep your supply going to feed your little one.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    First of all, you've not long had a baby - Putting excess, needless pressure on yourself to lose a HUGE 30 lbs in six months is totally not what you need right now. By all means, eat at a calorie deficit and move more if you can but you're a human being, not a robot that performs on demand. I'd say ease up on your goal and go with the flow. It's okay to be healthy but when you have so much other important things happening around you, such a huge target is going to make you feel a little miserable. You need to be able to live a little and regardless of the amount, you'll feel miles better in six months anyway.

Best of luck.
  • JenParsons116
    JenParsons116 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Even losing 15-25 pounds would be great. I just know it'll be a week on a beach and I don't want to be hiding under a towel because I hate how I look. I want to be hot mom, not pasty beached whale mom.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    That's 5 lbs per month. You can do it!
  • jackiequin80
    jackiequin80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just had my 3rd baby boy 8 weeks ago and my other 2 girls are 3 and 4 years old so I hear you!
    My partner finally proposed after 10 years together and I'm getting married on April 30, 2016 ----sooooo I just started today to start eating a lot better and low impact exercise as it was my 3rd c-section.
    Would love some motivation and healthy eating ideas too
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    eat in a calorie deficit
    get on a heavy lifting program like all pro beginner, strong lifts etc.
    log everything you eat
    get a food scale and weigh all solids
    hit micros and macros

clean eating has nothing to do with it..
  • sammiewammie444
    sammiewammie444 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i was told by my doctor not to ever cut down my calories while breastfeeding so i had to put my diet off until i had finished. you could try just lots of exercise and eating healthier foods but making sure you stick to 2000 calories, otherwise you would be very low on energy and your milk supply will go way down.