Mountain bike

Options
Hello, I was thinking of buying a mountain bike for cardio rides and to help me burn some more calories. Any ideas If it would be helpful or not? Thanks all.. Also I could use some more friends to help motivate me...

Replies

• betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I mountain bike. It definitely is helpful for calorie burn if you keep intensity up and for long enough. I do a 1hr 40minute mountain bike ride from my house to the trail then back home and burn about 800-900 in that time. Works for damage control of overeating or if i need to lean out more. And just good for cardio health in general. Plus the downhill sections make it all worth it. If you do get a MTB get a bike with disc brakes and full suspension. Good luck.
  • Nodaysoff86
    Nodaysoff86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the help.. Have a great day.
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I ride MTB to gym..workout then home' 14 mile round trip = worth it
  • Nodaysoff86
    Nodaysoff86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like that idea alot, my gym is about 5 miles from my home.. Thanks for the input. Have a great one.
  • leahlou622
    leahlou622 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mtb is super super fun and it's a cardio and strength burn in one. You can ride for hours and hours and not even notice. Plus the mtb community is really supportive and fun!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    I just bought this bike for $300 because a client of mine is moving and didn't want to take it with him. Just put new hand grips on it today.
    Bike%203_zpsoc7plhnm.jpeg
    Bike%202_zps3gtf1sxc.jpeg
    Bike%201_zpsogxteq0t.jpeg

So now I KNOW I'm going to bike and it's be well over 35 years since I was consistently on a bike!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    You can burn some major calories on a bike, as you use mostly the larger muscle groups. I get out and ride when I can, even though there are few trails or off road places around here. Great cardio and you see a lot during your workout. For me that's much more enjoyable than any other cardio you can do.

• FSLSBSmfp
    FSLSBSmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You will get some awesome calorie burns on the bike and it's fun. I love riding mine.