when to get new clothes?

Options
2»

Replies

• VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Nuke_64 wrote: »
    Wearing the new clothes has made me feel so proud of my accomplishment I can't help but pose in mirrors as I walk by them. My motivation has only intensified and well worth the money spent.

All of this is 100% true.

Don't forget to buy snazzy shoes to go with the clothes. I like square tipped black shoes, or square tipped boots. A nice pair of black shoes, paired with trim dark wash pants, and a nice button up shirt (I like purple), super masculine, and very authoritative looking. I think people forget how much power is in perception, and thereby in clothing. It's very empowering. :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    hmmm "buying new clothes" as an event or a one time thing I don't really get. I'm constantly picking up one or two things I like as I see them, so my closet is always evolving, with my job I have to stay on trend. I'm pretty much always shopping, buying what I like and what fits that day. I've been in maintenance for some time now with my focus being strength so even though I have noticed I'm getting smaller sizes in some things occasionally, it is very very slow
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    When I'm rich!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I replace a few essential pieces as I need them.

My favorite jeans had gotten ridiculous looking, even with a belt. I'm glad I spotted a size lower on sale some time ago and bought them then. They are starting to get loose now :)

In about 10 more pounds down, I will have clothes in my closet that will fit again.

I'm starting to make a pile of too big clothes to freecycle.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I shop clearance racks, yard sales and thrift shops for cloths. I buy small, and alter as I go. I can not have my pants falling off when I walk. I do have two elastic waist skirts, one pair of leggings, my nightgowns and some now over sized t's and sweat shirts, that I still can wear from the beginning of my weight loss journey.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes, the pants falling off. A very clear sign that. Just had that happen the other day.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    one of my fun rewards of losing weight is to buy something in a smaller size. I have a very, nice walk-in closet where the hangers hang empty of clothes, as ,most of my clothing has been donated . I don't want to look at them, so I got rid of them Big clothes always seem to fit. (unfortunately)! I buy one or two pieces of clothing in my size and then when my size changes smaller, I buy another, smaller piece of clothing. I can't wait for new clothes until I'm at goal as I have over 100 lbs. to lose. and it will take me about 1 year to lose all that I want. I've lost almost 50 lbs. That being said, it took me awhile to figure out my mad method of keeping covered!
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I actually do it, 6 months in advance; by cold or hot seasons. I had to buy new Autumn/Winter clothes because since I don't have a "thigh gap", the fabric on my pants; wore away there. Last year the holes weren't large enough to be noticed, by anyone but me, so I'll just currently wear them as "junk clothes" around the house; when I am cleaning.

I lost a dress size, over the Summer but nothing was noticeably lose, to the public but my panties, were giving me; constant wedgies. Since I plan to lose 2 more dress sizes, before Spring/Summer; I have bought 2 of everything. I'm very temperature sensitive, so it's important to me to buy for the Autumn/Winter; during the Summer & Spring/Summer, during the Winter.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I've been buying clothes every month or so. I don't buy anything expensive - but my body has been losing inches dramatically and I need to get by month to month without looking like I'm wearing a tent! :o

• ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love clothes more now than ever before. So any excuse to shop!
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I'm down 30lb and have not bought any new clothes yet. My wife keeps trying, but the pants are lose at the waist and tight on my legs, so I need to go try some on in the store and get the right cut.

I have no intention of buying new clothes until I hit 45lb down (my goal weight). I'm also a guy, and most of my shirts were too tight anyways.

EDIT: honestly though, but them whenever you want. If I had a lot more to lose (say another 30lb) I would probably buy some pants now rather than later.
    Finding pants that fit right is a chore when you are thin, but have big legs. I just had to get used to skin tight pants, because anything else was just baggy everywhere. I actually found that mall stores had the best fits (Holister, Express, American Eagle). They tended toward thin, but muscular cuts, rather than just rail thin. Boot cut helps, as does buying pants that are one size too long, and just hemming them (or wearing them with boots).

@hamlet1222 I like to buy clothes as soon as I can wear a size down and rock it. It really depends on how big you are, versus how big you were. I went from a size 44 down to a 33. I had to buy new clothes often. This time, I won't, since I'm going from 38 (only had one pair of 38's, and I still have some 36's).

I actually fit into a looser pair of my 34's last night. Not wearable (buttonable, but just barely), but it's awesome to see progress down. I hate being fat. :D

Yeah, that is why I told my wife to stop buying them for me until I go to the store. My legs aren't fat, as most of my fat goes to my gut. I might lose a tiny bit around my legs over the next 2-3 months, but not nearly as much as I'll lose on my waist making the problem even worse.

I also hate clothes shopping, so I don't do it for fun. I bought a bathing suit for myself a few months ago so I'd have a couple on vacation, but unless I really need something and my wife doesn't bring it home for me I'm not likely to go to the store.