Cheat day

Options
After 3 weeks of clean eating yesterday was my first cheat. I didn't work out and went 300 calories over according to MFP. Usually I end the day about 500 under. It was interesting to see how mental cheat days can be. I have been so trained to read labels, only eat 3 meals and 2 snacks and to keep myself moving. Yesterday felt weird just sitting and eating randomly. So this morning I woke up and looked at my numbers and felt more motivated than ever. Plus I feel rested and feel like I got a lot of energy back. Didn't think a couple cookies and a snickers bar could do that !! (Joke, I know it's just from the rest). But I wanted to share because usually in my past I would beat myself up about a cheat day and get down on myself but today with a new mind set, I use that as a teaching tool and look forward to another 3 weeks of workouts and clean eating!! #LETSGO

Replies

• looney9708
    looney9708 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm preparing today for my first cheat. I've been lchf for 3 months with little to no alcohol and tonight I'm planning to have a couple glasses of wine for two celebrations. I'm nervous but realize this is part of life and having wine will not sabotage my efforts. I will survive and hope it kicks me in for another 15 pounds
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    It's not cheating!! Cheating is always a negative thing.. the word never has positive connotations. All you're doing is giving yourself a break from a strict routine, which is a great -and, I think, necessary -thing!
  • tinkie_04
    tinkie_04 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I kind of like the word, "cheating." It sounds kind of naughty, and don't we all earn the right to a naughty day every once in a while? ;)@ggillen412, I had the same feeling for my cheat day on Sunday. I had SO been looking forward to it, and it was not all I thought it would be. All my favorite (or used to be) snacks for a good binge day weren't as tempting, and I felt lazy just sitting around watching TV all day. But it was important, because I leapt out of bed Monday morning, ready for my 2-mile walk and kale smoothie.