How to make this easy?!

Options
Hi! I'm coming back to myfitnesspal once again to begin my food journal to see where I'm going wrong... Anyone have an easier way to do this? I have a dietitian that wants to help me but for the life of me I cannot get into the routine to add my food because it seems so tedious. Any suggestions? Was planning on setting my phone to remind me and I eat the same things, is there a way to add my favorites? Help! Looking to succeed but so many obstacles! Thanks!

Replies

• Kennesaw24
    Kennesaw24 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I came back after about a year or a little more and it seems less tedious. Also, the barcode snapshot thing works great. And there are ways to add regularly eaten foods. Look for My Foods and stuff like that. As tedious as it might seem though, adding the food, watching your nutrients, really using this app, works amazingly well. I have logged every morsel, every drop for the past 30 days and have lost 9 pounds. That has NEVER happened before. Just do it.

Good luck.
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    You can add your own recipes and select a serving size, so it becomes a "one click" kinda thing. And if you eat a lot of the same stuff, it stays right there in "recent foods." It takes a little bit of effort in the beginning, but became easier & routine (for me at least).

Best of luck!
  • jjejjtu
    jjejjtu Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    It IS tedious, but sometimes we have to do tedious things to get the results we want. Like others said, put in the time and effort in the beginning to log what you're eating and add your recipes. Then it will become a quicker and easier process.
    Like you said, there are a lot of obstacles in the beginning, but they seem larger than they actually are. Take them one at a time. Every day it will get easier until one day you will wonder what you were ever worried about in the first place.
    MFP is a great way to get from point A to point B if you are willing stick with it and put in the work. Good luck.