Rollerskating/inline skating

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone here can make recommendation for inline skates? I'm thinking of taking up skating for fun and a little exercise. I'm already in the gym everyday so the exercise part is a bonus. I did have skates as a child but barely touched them so I'm a complete beginner really.

Does anyone have any recs for good and suitable ladies skates? I'm London UK based so particularly brands and models available here in the UK would be helpful.

If anyone else who skates has any other advice/suggestions etc, that'd be really helpful.

Thanks

Replies

• 0utrun
    0utrun Posts: 71 Member
    I'm a skater :)

K2 inlines are a good intermediate skate. I believe they are a UK based brand, so you shouldbe able to find those pretty easily.

When you first start skating, keep your legs straight to prevent pronating (bending ankles inwards). Also, check out some youtube vids about posture and basic techniques. Core exercises are a must to prevent back pain and warm up using quad and hamstring stretches. This will help keep you limber and prevent injuries when first starting out.