Expired Quest bars :/

Options
I found like 50 expired quest bars in my pantry today, that I thought were thrown out when recently moving house.
Seems like a waste to just bin, but can I still eat them?
Or will I die lol

Replies

• Sheri2016
    Sheri2016 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Most products have a sell by date so its not necessary a expiration date. I say open it up and sniff if, if it still smells like normal then you are probably okay.
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Sniff tests! I know now from experience (having bought the big box at Costco more than once in a fit of optimism) that Kashi TLC bars are OK when they first expire, but within about a month after that they go really stale and taste terrible.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Mine are all expired and taste just fine!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Considering how they are sealed I would think they would be fine.
  • ajm_uwe
    ajm_uwe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I bought some out of date quest bars before as they were a lot cheaper. They were 3 months out by the time I finished and seemed fine to me.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    They are totally fine. If they are really old they will be a little on the dry side but that's it (not that I know from experience or anything :P )
  • soybuzz
    soybuzz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Soooo I ate a couple and I can still walk and talk lol seems like all your advice was spot on :)
    Thanks
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Totally fine. I found some Zone Perfect Protein Bars in a box from moving that expired in 2012 and I've been eating them. They are pretty gross but they don't taste any worse now then they did when I first bought them :s