Whey Protein Powder or Psyllium husk powder?

Options
2»

Replies

• TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    If you're not already eating it, Greek yoghurt has more protein than normal yoghurt, may help you feel full for longer.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I added 25g of psyllium husk to my smoothie yesterday, and it was the most disgusting thing ever!! It tasted like thick sawdust stodge :sick: I ended up throwing the whole lot away after heaving through 4-5 tbs of it, and made another one,but was too scared to add it in again. I think 5 grams would have sufficed..
  • jenniator
    jenniator Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I added 25g of psyllium husk to my smoothie yesterday, and it was the most disgusting thing ever!! It tasted like thick sawdust stodge :sick: I ended up throwing the whole lot away after heaving through 4-5 tbs of it, and made another one,but was too scared to add it in again. I think 5 grams would have sufficed..

ha ha XD! I went through the exact same thing!! I added the psyllium husk powder to my yogurt before and it was absolutely disgusting! Your right, the texture was like thick gluey sawdust!!! Absolutely horrible! I couldn't finish the whole jar either :( I tried a small amount as well in the yoghurt, but that gluey sawdust taste was still so strong. I also tried it in water which someone recommended and still too gross ha ha.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    jenniator wrote: »

ha ha XD! I went through the exact same thing!! I added the psyllium husk powder to my yogurt before and it was absolutely disgusting! Your right, the texture was like thick gluey sawdust!!! Absolutely horrible! I couldn't finish the whole jar either :( I tried a small amount as well in the yoghurt, but that gluey sawdust taste was still so strong. I also tried it in water which someone recommended and still too gross ha ha.

LOL makes me feel better I'm not the only one :tongue:

Blah I can NOT drink it in plain water. I make a hot chocolate, drink 3/4 of it, and then add the psyllium and eat the rest with a spoon, it's kinda like a chocolate pudding, kinda...
  • jenniator
    jenniator Posts: 475 Member
    Options

Blah I can NOT drink it in plain water. I make a hot chocolate, drink 3/4 of it, and then add the psyllium and eat the rest with a spoon, it's kinda like a chocolate pudding, kinda...

Of course not your the only one! :D I heard other people complain about it too. I just wish I knew how bad it was before I bought so much of it! I just thought it would keep me full. Yeah it's disgusting in water! I never thought of making it with hot chocolate, but it does sound gross, a gluey, sawdusty pudding? ha ha xD
  • Christine_72
    Options

Of course not your the only one! :D I heard other people complain about it too. I just wish I knew how bad it was before I bought so much of it! I just thought it would keep me full. Yeah it's disgusting in water! I never thought of making it with hot chocolate, but it does sound gross, a gluey, sawdusty pudding? ha ha xD

Haha It's definitely edible, not too bad, and for some reason it doesn't have that sawdusty consistency, I cap it at 15g though.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You can buy psyllium fiber in pill capsule form as well. It's the only way I can stand to get it down personally. Great stuff though!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    You can buy psyllium fiber in pill capsule form as well. It's the only way I can stand to get it down personally. Great stuff though!

I've only seen the metamucil capsules, but from what I remember you have to take alot ??

• ElvenToad
    Options

I've only seen the metamucil capsules, but from what I remember you have to take alot ??

Yes 10 capsules is about 4 grams of fiber, I buy it at Target, Walmart, or Amazon. Probably more expensive to buy it that way too but an option for people like me who don't like the consistency of it in liquids or foods. I actually don't take it for the extra fiber as much as I take it for the benefit of.. how do I say... non messy wipes?

• Christine_72
    Options

Yes 10 capsules is about 4 grams of fiber, I buy it at Target, Walmart, or Amazon. Probably more expensive to buy it that way too but an option for people like me who don't like the consistency of it in liquids or foods. I actually don't take it for the extra fiber as much as I take it for the benefit of.. how do I say... non messy wipes?

Haha every little bit helps :lol:

• ElvenToad
    Options

Haha every little bit helps :lol:

:D