sad...

Options
2»

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    What kind of support are you looking for in family? Do you depend on others for shopping or cooking? Or do you mean you get verbal abuse/bullying type comments for your current weight?
  • 23mar07
    23mar07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    What kind of support are you looking for in family? Do you depend on others for shopping or cooking? Or do you mean you get verbal abuse/bullying type comments for your current weight?

I depend on no one for anything... They r like oh come on... U can't do it... And when I tell them I have lost this and this much I get to hear that you'll gain it back again..!!!

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »

I depend on no one for anything... They r like oh come on... U can't do it... And when I tell them I have lost this and this much I get to hear that you'll gain it back again..!!!

Who are these people? How do these conversations start? A lot depends on context.
    If e.g. to state an extreme example, you are constantly yoyo dieting and e.g. calling a sister or friend 10 times per day to discuss weight issues, it could be these people are getting honestly tired of hearing about this topic.
    If it is on the other hand e.g. a husband constantly telling you you are doomed to fail, this sounds very close to emotional abuse.
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Maybe try making yourself smaller goals to lead up to the big goal... I find that if I tell myself that my first aim is to lose 10lb (I have 30 to go) and then treat myself when I get there etc... Either way, the way I have lost in the past (only regained it because of pregnancy) is by becoming obsessed with MFP.. true story...
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, be happy.

If you plan to lose 100 pounds, you will have to want it badly enough to do it without support because there will be times when you don't have any.

If you stick with it and never give up, you'll reach your goal, support or no support. :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You can do this - believe in yourself and keep your head up, lovely.
  • 23mar07
    23mar07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you sooo much everyone... Now I know I can definitely do it... I have kept a target to lose 2lbs in a week.. I have to go slow because I am breastfeeding my baby..! I need all the motivation and support! Thanks again all of u!
  • entwife
    entwife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    If they are throwing you off balance, just don't talk about it with them, or as little as you can. Hug it to yourself like your precious little secret and wait for them to realize you are shrinking before their very eyes! You'll find lots of support on here, you don't have to explain or justify yourself to anyone, save your energy for when you need it *hugs*
  • TacoTina
    TacoTina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am on my weightloss journey.. Have to lose 100lbs! No support or motivation from family... Yes, not from very near and dear ones too...

I'm here for you supporting you all the way add me if you like thanks Tina
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    2lbs a week isn't slow weight loss, especially with breastfeeding. Watch out how that might effect your supply. I had a lot of trouble dieting when I was breastfeeding. I had to eat at maintenance calories or it really brought my supply down, but I could exercise. Just something to keep an eye on.