THE NEW PUMPKIN SPICE QUEST BARS ARE SO BAD!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Oh I thought it was good. I don't really like the new formula but I liked this bar a lot. Poor Quest. Too bad they changed that formula...CCCD tastes sad now.

Luckily I haven't had the displeasure of eating the reformulated CCCD bars yet. It's a shame since that's my favorite Quest flavor.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    If you rely on companies to fill your daily nutritional goal, then you are a stupid human being.

Plain and simple.

What do you rely on to fill your daily nutritional goal?

Mainly a variety whole, minimally processed foods that are rich in nutrients which fit my macros.

I was not intending to direct my initial comment toward OP. Apologies if that is how it was taken...

It was merely a statement concerning those who rely on plastic wrapped foods and microwave meals every single day of their lives to meet their macros and calorie goal. I am a firm believer that this crowd needs to re-learn how to eat.

Seems an odd time to voice such a concern since that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread *shrug*

But if we're just throwing out random concerns, I'm a bit worried that the Cubs rotation (Arrieta aside) may not be strong enough to get past the Cardinals.

Quest bars are a plastic-wrapped, processed food laden with preservatives and manufactured by a company.

Reading comprehension... Not even once.

Also, people who tend to make food choices out of convenience tend to make a regular habit of it. It is highly likely that the majority of their meals are comprised of moderate to highly processed "convenience" foods.

For those of you who did understand all that and yet still have something to bicker about, you're being way too literal. Yes, of course a ribeye steak and baby carrots are "produced" by companies... But from a nutritional standpoint, they are not equally comparable to highly processed sports candy bars or microwave meals. You should not prefer foods like this on a daily basis vs. actual food... Because, well, that isn't a rational diet :smile:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    If you rely on companies to fill your daily nutritional goal, then you are a stupid human being.

Plain and simple.

Mainly a variety whole, minimally processed foods that are rich in nutrients which fit my macros.

I was not intending to direct my initial comment toward OP. Apologies if that is how it was taken...

It was merely a statement concerning those who rely on plastic wrapped foods and microwave meals every single day of their lives to meet their macros and calorie goal. I am a firm believer that this crowd needs to re-learn how to eat.

Seems an odd time to voice such a concern since that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread *shrug*

But if we're just throwing out random concerns, I'm a bit worried that the Cubs rotation (Arrieta aside) may not be strong enough to get past the Cardinals.

Quest bars are a plastic-wrapped, processed food laden with preservatives and manufactured by a company.

Also, people who tend to make food choices out of convenience tend to make a regular habit of it. It is highly likely that the majority of their meals are comprised of moderate to highly processed "convenience" foods.

For those of you who did understand all that and yet still have something to bicker about, you're being way too literal. Yes, of course a ribeye steak and baby carrots are "produced" by companies... But from a nutritional standpoint, they are not equally comparable to highly processed sports candy bars or microwave meals. You should not prefer foods like this on a daily basis vs. actual food... Because, well, that isn't a rational diet :smile:

Inability to reply without insulting others... Not even once.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Plain and simple.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Plain and simple.

You are making a pretty broad generalization.

Most of the people I know who tend to eat Quest bars are competitive bodybuilders - the type who the majority of their meals are not comprised of "convenience" foods. The type who live off of lean proteins, brown rice and sweet potatos, and green vegetables.

It is possible for people to use some convenient foods without their whole diet being comprised of it. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

Plain and simple.

Most of the people I know who tend to eat Quest bars are competitive bodybuilders - the type who the majority of their meals are not comprised of "convenience" foods. The type who live off of lean proteins, brown rice and sweet potatos, and green vegetables.

It is possible for people to use some convenient foods without their whole diet being comprised of it. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Pretty much this. I'm a busy mother who's in the middle of moving right now. Sometimes during the day I'm busier than others. When I have time to poach an egg an make toast, I eat that. When I don't? I grab a protein bar.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

Plain and simple.

Pretty much this. I'm a busy mother who's in the middle of moving right now. Sometimes during the day I'm busier than others. When I have time to poach an egg an make toast, I eat that. When I don't? I grab a protein bar.

Exactly.

When I was working shift work I always carried one in case I got stuck without getting the ability to eat.
    I also found them great for when I had a run after work. My 12 hour shifts meant it was a long time between lunch and supper even with a snack. I'd be ready for supper after work but can't run for awhile after eating. I found I could eat a Quest bar and run within an hour so it worked perfectly to hold me over until supper and still be able to run comfortably.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

Plain and simple.

Exactly.

When I was working shift work I always carried one in case I got stuck without getting the ability to eat.
    I also found them great for when I had a run after work. My 12 hour shifts meant it was a long time between lunch and supper even with a snack. I'd be ready for supper after work but can't run for awhile after eating. I found I could eat a Quest bar and run within an hour so it worked perfectly to hold me over until supper and still be able to run comfortably.

I always carry one with me too. I have celiac disease and if we get stuck out of the house for a while for some reason and circumstances are such that I'm going to miss a meal, finding food isn't always easy for me. They're a nice option then.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I bought two of the pumpkin bars at GNC. Both bars came from the same opened box, one was delicious the other was tooth-breaking hard. Maybe that Jaws guy from James Bond could eat it but not me.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Plain and simple.

What's the nutritional difference, exactly?

Do you know many people that prefer food bars over ribeye steaks on a regular basis? Or is it just that it's difficult to keep a ribeye steak in one's desk for a late afternoon snack?

Rational diet? What does that even mean? And who gets to determine that?
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Plain and simple.

Do you know many people that prefer food bars over ribeye steaks on a regular basis? Or is it just that it's difficult to afford a ribeye steak?

FIFY

Have you seen the price of beef here?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I can imagine. Quest bars are generally disgusting.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Plain and simple.

Do you know many people that prefer food bars over ribeye steaks on a regular basis? Or is it just that it's difficult to afford a ribeye steak?

FIFY

Prolly still cheaper than chicken
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

Plain and simple.

Do you know many people that prefer food bars over ribeye steaks on a regular basis? Or is it just that it's difficult to keep a ribeye steak in one's desk for a late afternoon snack?

Have you ever tried to eat cottage cheese while chauffeuring kids around in the car?
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

Plain and simple.

FIFY

Prolly still cheaper than chicken

Bird flu. Remember when beef got really expensive for a while due to mad cow disease?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

Plain and simple.

Inability to reply without insulting others... Not even once.

Where a "like" button for this... (i see these posts all the time...sigh...)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Plain and simple.

In4 answers

I hope you're not going the breath holding route. That would not be a rational respiratory choice.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »

Plain and simple.

In4 answers

I hope you're not going the breath holding route. That would not be a rational respiratory choice.

LMAO.