Fun motivation idea

Hey so I have a motivation idea that works really well for me! Get two jars and some glass beads. Label one jar "pounds lost" and the other jar "pounds to go." Whenever you lose a pound, you can take one bead and put it in the pounds lost jar. It's been a great motivation for me, and it's super satisfying to move the beads over!

Replies

• eleanorella1989
    eleanorella1989 Posts: 51 Member
    It's great that you found such an awesome way to lose weight! I've never even thought about doing anything like this. I've always been a huge fan of rewarding yourself once you completed a task to keep yourself motivated. This is definitely a nice way of doing that because it can show you how well you're doing and not make it seem so overwhelming. :]
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    I agree it's a nice idea that would help some people with motivation since it's something tangible and easy to see, whereas losing 5 or 6 pounds may not be physically noticeable.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    I have two jars for that on the windowsill in the bathroom next to the scale. I do it with some shiny white decorators stones.

Also, for every 10kgs, I put in a massive stone in the lost jar as well as a reminder of my larger mile...stones.
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Wow. Awesome. That is a good idea.