Weight?pilates?DVD? Help pick post pregnancy tummy routine

Options
So I'm starting back at the gym next week but will only have 1hr max for my workout so will do mainly cardio.
I will have an hour or so in the day when kids (2 and 5 weeks) will be napping so I want a routine/program I can do at home during this time to help my tummy and maybe my upper arms to firm up/recover from the 2babkes in 2 years.
So can anyone recommend a program or video to help out?
Last time I did a Pilates class which I did think helped, are there any good intermediate level Pilates DVDs I could get/YouTube?
I don't have any equipment though?
Dh has weights, the hand weights but go up to really heavy, which I could do for my upper arms just not sure what to do with them?

Any advice?

Replies

• jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Try Blogilates on YouTube. It's free and Casey is awesome.
    She does monthly calendars you can receive if you sign up your email.
  • mrsriisky
    mrsriisky Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I don't know too much about Pilates, but I am doing 30 Day Shred- 4 days in and I am already feeling my abs and arms getting tighter.

In a time crunch, I could also tell you that I've had great results with adding any of those 10 minute or less videos targeting abs (8 minute abs is popular, but there are many more!) in addition to other workouts- while you can't spot reduce, it is a good way to give extra focus to those muscles and I used to like to either do those before/after a workout, or just when I had 10 minutes downtime- great stuff!
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just remember that diet is very important in losing weight and there is no such thing as spot reducing. It's all about eating clean, exercising, and creating deficits. I would recommend mixing up your workouts such as cardio, strength training as well as maybe yoga and pilates. There are plenty of short videos out there and I understand that you are looking for at least an hour. An hour a day is alot of time actually, and there are plenty of workouts that will help you achieve your goals while fitting into your schedule. Shaun T who created Insanity has just introduced a workout called Focus T25 that is 25 mins a day, 5 days a week for 60 days. It launches today. It may be a program that fits into your schedule and I'm starting the program next week. The program has an individual doing modifications still producing results at a lower impact.
    Lisa:smile: