slow losers

Options
CALIECAT
CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
Are you a slow loser ? if so join us and tell your woe See if we can knock that spell off of us
I have been posting here almost 7 years and I have not broke the code yet? Have you What is your secret?
By the way my name is Marie and over the nearly 7 years of MFP I have only lost 10 lbs.
I am trying to work the Zone plan as Of now and seems to be working fairly good.
<3 To all who are having a problem
Marie

Replies

• CALIECAT
    Options
    my breakfast this morning is cottage cheese canned peaces in fruit juiced. Coffee with creamer ! T. of chopped pecans
    Marie
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie! I have been at a standstill for a couple of weeks now! The nurse practitioner put it down to my medication. I take quite a lot! My breakfast every morning is a sachet of big bowl porridge, 200mls of skimmed milk, tea and a banana. By the way my name is Margaret <3
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Are you a slow loser ? if so join us and tell your woe See if we can knock that spell off of us
    I have been posting here almost 7 years and I have not broke the code yet? Have you What is your secret?
    By the way my name is Marie and over the nearly 7 years of MFP I have only lost 10 lbs.
    I am trying to work the Zone plan as Of now and seems to be working fairly good.
    <3 To all who are having a problem
    Marie

I am a slow loser and I don't mind at all. I started in April 2013 and so far have lost 66 pounds, mostly in .5 pound increments. I plan on being a member of the low % who does not regain their weight lost and as an added plus I have so far no saggy skin even though I am almost 70. I did not lose every week, but know that that is normal.
    My secret ? CiCo......
    With all due respect, I get suspicious of people who " try " to do things, because it sounds as if they take no responsibility for their actions. Trying is not enough. " Doing " it over and over again for as long as it takes, usually turns into success.
    Good Luck !
  • Sweepypie
    Options
    I am almost 70 as well! Have been trying to lose weight since 1990 when I started putting weight on after I gave up smoking! I have only been on MFP since November last year and I have lost 26lbs. B)
    Good luck!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sweepypie wrote: »
    Hi Marie! I have been at a standstill for a couple of weeks now! The nurse practitioner put it down to my medication. I take quite a lot! My breakfast every morning is a sachet of big bowl porridge, 200mls of skimmed milk, tea and a banana. By the way my name is Margaret <3

hello Margaret What country are you from/ My guess is UK I am from Texas, USA I think My problems is carbs Too many of them and My body cannot tolerate them. So I am cutting back a great deal. I am restricted to gluten free and they do have lots of carb so I am cutting out all flours including gluten free. flour and see if that helps. I can do without bread. If I can just get rid of this body fat.
    lad to have met you Sweeypie
    Marie

939425cdiy8p6frc.gif
  • CALIECAT
    Options

I am a slow loser and I don't mind at all. I started in April 2013 and so far have lost 66 pounds, mostly in .5 pound increments. I plan on being a member of the low % who does not regain their weight lost and as an added plus I have so far no saggy skin even though I am almost 70. I did not lose every week, but know that that is normal.
    My secret ? CiCo......
    With all due respect, I get suspicious of people who " try " to do things, because it sounds as if they take no responsibility for their actions. Trying is not enough. " Doing " it over and over again for as long as it takes, usually turns into success.
    Good Luck !
    [/quote]
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif
    Ang.

What is CICO?

what a fantastic job you have done for yourself I need to hear more
    Marie <3

• CALIECAT
    Options
    I got you both beat, I will be 85 in Nov.

So Ang we need to take the word try out of our Hearts and say We will do it. Thanks. I will also take lots of carbs out of my mouth , too. <3<3
  • Sweepypie
    Options
    You don't look your age Marie! I would have said you were 60-65!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sweepypie wrote: »
    You don't look your age Marie! I would have said you were 60-65!

Awe Thanks my winkles must not be showing
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I have had a successful day today. Have been better lil' more carbs than usually. But still should be in my range

Have a great evening
    Marie
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif
    Beth and welcome to the club. I am older and I only want to get down to 150 or 160 But sounds impossible right now However I am now following the zone plan and some weight is falling off. I just order a new book written by his wife Lynn Sears I like how she tells it. I think it is call Meals in a minute or something like that
    Good luck to you on your journey
    Marie
  • Sweepypie
    Options
    Hi Marie! I am Scottish but have lived in Lincoln, Lincolnshire UK for the past 33 years. My husband Colin is my rock! He looks after me! Does all the cooking and cleaning (I am disabled). I try and move about as much as possible! When we go out I have to use my wheelchair and he pushes me all over!
    Margaret x
  • CALIECAT
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. Margaret I am almost in the same situation, I get around in the house with a walker And I used Walmart electric wheelchair when we go grocer shopping. My husband do the dishes and keep the floors up. But I do not like his cooking so I do my own, by cooking in My crock pot. and eating the same things over and over. He eats lots of TV dinners whih I can't have. He does cook a good mac an cheese but I have to be on a Gluten free diet So no Mac and cheese ffor me.
    I keep dry beans cook and cole slaw made up. have Cottage cheese and fruit for Breakfast is the little boy your grandson. I am expecting a new great grandson in January. He is a cute one.

Have a wonderful afternoon. I have a pal in Uk. Just love her.
    I belong to a group called the Golden Sneakers W e Have Jackie who is from Uk and Anne from Canada who is original from Uk. . its a small group would love to have you joined us
    Here is the link if you care to join us Those two will keep you laughting when they get round up

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10000425/senior-golden-sneakers/p155If you need any help getting on to it let me know
    <3 Marie
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    No longer in weight loss; however, it took me over a year to lose 30lb three years ago. Losing fast is usually a path to regaining because you don't get to understand what you need on a regular basis.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hi Jacqueline,

nice lost you had but the best news is you kept it off. d Thanks for dropping in. to tell us. you look fantastic.
    I really like success stories. it can be done.Just put me on a slow loser
    Marie
  • AmandaTucker127
    AmandaTucker127 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm a very slow lose :( it's taken me nearly 1.5 years to lose 15lbs. At least it's coming off, though, right? Lol! My main issue is my husband isn't activily trying to lose wait (even though he should be) so I don't really have much motivation. I don't have any eating issues, I love exercise, I love keeping track of myself. Just need someone to do it with me I guess!