Bulk or should i stay at maintain? 180lbs-166lbs12weeks

Options
I am a bit confused now I have finished my cut lost some weight don't know if I should do a proper bulk because when I started my cut I wasn't that big but I got a bit fat under the chin so I stop my bulk. I understand how to track macros now should I get a weight gainer and add some more calories to my same diet ? Need advice thanks

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    what is your current body fat %?

Looking at your profile pics you look a little thin, so I think that you would benefit from a bulk...just my .02...do you have some pictures you can post in here that are recent, so we can get an idea of where you are?
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Are you bulking or cutting right now?
  • kieranpalmer1995
    kieranpalmer1995 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    what is your current body fat %?

Looking at your profile pics you look a little thin, so I think that you would benefit from a bulk...just my .02...do you have some pictures you can post in here that are recent, so we can get an idea of where you are?

I dunno how to post pictures on here I could change my picture. My body fat is 12% I used the skin folder things. Message me if you are able to help me if you think I could benefit from it :) thanks
  • kieranpalmer1995
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »

Just finished my 12week cut started at 180lbs I am 166lbs now
  • ndj1979
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »

Just finished my 12week cut started at 180lbs I am 166lbs now

you dropped 14 pounds three months? You must have lost some serious muscle too..

Yes, you should run a bulk. Shoot for .5 or 1 pound a week gain and try to get back to 180. When you do that maybe cut down to 175 and see how you look...or run a few bulk/cut cycles.
  • kieranpalmer1995
    Options
    Alright man thanks!! My lifts all went up so I don't think I lost anything really. I can Hit 3meals a day easy breakfast oat meal with 30g shake dinner and lunch 125g rice with 130g chicken "30g protein and 30 carbs"should I get a weight gainer to add more carbs and calories?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Alright man thanks!! My lifts all went up so I don't think I lost anything really. I can Hit 3meals a day easy breakfast oat meal with 30g shake dinner and lunch 125g rice with 130g chicken "30g protein and 30 carbs"should I get a weight gainer to add more carbs and calories?

you want to get about .6 to .85 grams of protein per pound of body weight; .45 grams of fat per pound of body weight, and fill in rest with carbs.

and yes, you lose muscle mass if you lost 14 pounds in three months...

strength gains does not mean you added/maintained muscle, it just means you trained your muscles to do more with less.