Man In Coma After Eating 413 Red Lobster Biscuits

Options
2»

Replies

• Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    http://www.rockcitytimes.com/local-man-coma-eating-413-red-lobster-biscuits/

This food writer, Kevin Shalin, ate 413 Cheddar Bay biscuits in one sitting!! Slathered with butter of course. Each biscuit is about 150 calories. So that's 61950 calories in just biscuits!! That's not even including all the butter, which equals about 51.5 sticks!! In just one sitting!! That's insane!!

I'm just glad the guy is okay, but wow, I think we have a new Darwin Award champion right here,

Now if only he stayed in that coma...
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    it's a satire article :(

exactly. i can't believe anyone took this seriously.

you couldn't physically fit 413 "biscuits" in you in one sitting. that's like trying to stuff an elephant into a bucket.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    SATIRE folks. :happy:

Yes, it's satire but the math is staggering. 144k mg of sodium.

But really? Do you think there is a chance that you could get 413 cheese biscuits at Red Lobster. When they dole them out like 2 or 3 at a time. It would literally take hours and hours to get that many biscuits.

But it makes me wonder. The record for hot dogs at Nathan's July 4th contest is 68 in 10 minutes. That is 27,880 mg of sodium in 10 minutes. What in the hell does that do to your body?

i think they vomit those out soon after the contest.

there was a recent story about a fraternity pledge forced to chug a giant bottle of soy sauce. apparently you can slip into a coma from hypernatremia and possibly die due to brain swelling.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/u-s-world/fraternity-pledge-survives-soy-sauce-overdose-that-left-him-in-a-coma-for-3-days
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    In an early morning update hospital officials state that they have drained approximately 2 gallons of butter already and expect him to make a full recovery once the rest is clear.

I almost believed it til I read that bit, love me some satire :laugh:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My own personal record is 7. I'm looking to beat it.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Was it for Guiness book of records or some reality or youtube show?
    Ppl do some strange things but I hope he comes out of it ok and won't
    do things this dumb again .. I do think those bisquits from RLs are good. :)
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    But what a way to go..

Also, that is a satire site.

That's why I prefer to get my news from a reliable news source.

Like The Onion. :wink:
  • TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    Love me some Red Lobster, yessir!!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I would do something like that.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    He wasn't in a coma, he was napping in blissful slumber with a smile on his face! :bigsmile:
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    http://www.rockcitytimes.com/local-man-coma-eating-413-red-lobster-biscuits/

This food writer, Kevin Shalin, ate 413 Cheddar Bay biscuits in one sitting!! Slathered with butter of course. Each biscuit is about 150 calories. So that's 61950 calories in just biscuits!! That's not even including all the butter, which equals about 51.5 sticks!! In just one sitting!! That's insane!!

I'm just glad the guy is okay, but wow, I think we have a new Darwin Award champion right here,

Holy crap!!!