success in maintaining weight?

Hello..
So 2 years ago i lost 40 pounds but then i got pregnant.. gained it all back plus much more :(
How do you maintain your weight after you have reached your goal? Help plz :)

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    stay active, remain reasonable with your food. I've been in maintenance for over 5 years, through two pregnancies (my 4th and 5th babies), and I stopped counting calories about 2 years ago. I don't binge, I do eat what I like but I stay very very active. For me it's just common sense. If I want a cheeseburger, I have it, but I don't have one twice a day all week, you know? I don't weight myself often, but I pay a lot of attention to how my clothes fit. Everyone is different, you might be someone that needs to log for a lot longer.....
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Have you now lost all you gained and are ready to maintain??

Maintaining is simply keeping up the better habits you picked up when losing, continue to monitor your weight and take action when necessary so you don't gain again.

That's how it's worked for me and I've kept my goal weight now 2+ years now. I want to stay slim badly enough to do what it takes to stay this way :smile:
  • Rurufit
    Rurufit Posts: 44 Member
    Jennloella thats really inspiring especially that you have managed to maintain weight while being pregnant. That was really challenging for me..
  • Rurufit
    RunRutheeRun no i actually havent yet :neutral:
    But i want to have all the tips about maintaing weight before i reach my goal so i dont fail like last time :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    You lost it before and you will again :smile: this time you'll know to be more prepared, you see thing about maintenance is that we still count calories and be active, we just get to eat more than when we were losing.

All the best for your journey :smile:
  • Rurufit
    Thank you for the encouragement :) this time i will do it right B)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    @Rurufit that's the attitude :-)
  • edvsoreos
    edvsoreos Posts: 21 Member
    The first thing that popped into my head was 'don't get pregnant!' I know, that is such a troll answer but.....

Lots of great input on this thread, so I have nothing more to add. Good luck!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Keep logging. Hey, I'm great at maintaining even when I'm trying to lose :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I've been maintaining about two years now. I count calories, log every bite and swallow and actively exercise at least 5 days a week. I get more calories now than when I was losing weight, but it isn't a huge difference. I hop on the scale couple of times a week and my weight fluctuates a couple of pounds while staying just a little under my actual goal.