How is this possible?!

Hi,
I've been trying to loose weight and since saturday have lost roughly .2 pounds a day on 2500... However, Friday I weighed and I was up .5lbs, and this morning was up another .6lbs making it around 1lb in two days, Why is this? I haven't increased my intake over 2500 and was loosing.
The only possible explanation I can think of is maybe my period? However, I don't get my period so is it possible to have all the side effects without an actual period?
Should I decrease my intake?

Replies

• AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Natural fluctuation.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10264183/weight-fluctuation-is-natural

Gaining that fast is definetly not fat.

• loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Everyone's weight fluctuates up or down a few pounds not only from day-to-day but throughout the day. Weight loss is not linear. There are to many variables to try to micromanage your weight day-to-day, you'll drive yourself nuts and never settle on a calorie intake. Weighing daily (at the same time of day, in similar conditions) is fine, but use that for trending or averaging for the week, not to adjust your calorie intake. I suggest waiting at least 2 weeks, if not 3-4 weeks, before making any changes. Stay the course.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    The only possible explanation is that's the way your body works, totally normal.
    I lost 3lbs in 24hrs this week with a 500cal deficit. Just variations in water weight mostly.
    Should I decrease my intake?
    No. Be patient, judge your progress over the course of a month not day to day.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    If you judge your weight loss like that you'll go mad. You need to judge it over time...give it 6 to 8 weeks and average

The body fluctuates daily with hormones, sodium, exercise, temperature etc

If it helps ...this is my normal weight pattern at maintenance over 12 weeks. The black dots are actual scale weights. You don't have a set weight you have a weight range

ylcnz2nrq5rg.jpg

You may want to get a trend line app..this is on trendweight.com but there's also Libra and Happy Scale amongst others
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Well if you don't get a period it's probably not that lol. Just natural fluctuations.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Actually even with amenorrhea it is possible to get hormonal swings that give symptoms of menstruation including water retention
  • TacoTina
    TacoTina Posts: 81 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    If you judge your weight loss like that you'll go mad. You need to judge it over time...give it 6 to 8 weeks and average

The body fluctuates daily with hormones, sodium, exercise, temperature etc

If it helps ...this is my normal weight pattern at maintenance over 12 weeks. The black dots are actual scale weights. You don't have a set weight you have a weight range

ylcnz2nrq5rg.jpg

You may want to get a trend line app..this is on trendweight.com but there's also Libra and Happy Scale amongst others

Nice time line I'll look into this tu
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Make sure that you include other metrics of body size in addition to weight. Take measurements, photos, etc. They will help you assess progress, too. I've been using MPF since December 2014 but never too "before" measures or photos and am very regretful. Being a slave to the scale alone can drive you crazy.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Start logging poop days.
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Add me