Such an unhealthy day for me :(

Options
124»

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    OP, I was dogsitting, and my client left homemade snickerdoodle cookies. WEll.......I was going to JUST have 2. Ten cookies later I was saying, might as well eat em' all. That way they are gone and not a temptation.

By the end, I had eaten 22 snicker doodle cookies. *burp*

I had to laugh. I'm a cookieaholic!

Anyway, I took a day off from weighing, did not need as much food the next day cause I was still filled up with snickerdoodles, to be honest. And then weighed the next day like it was just another diet day.

I learned........ah, that I am not ready to be around snack food. Two, I am truly missing cookies and cake. Three, that food is JUST food......nothing dire happened. and Four, that I really would prefer to not repeat that scene.

No big deal. Just learn and move on.

Definitely! No more parties for me, only healthy snacks at my dorm. :)

Well, please continue to GO to parties, just don't eat everything that's in front of you! :wink:

Hiding yourself in your dorm is not the answer. You're a beautiful young woman and should be out and about enjoying life!
  • prettysoul1908
    prettysoul1908 Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Exercise is not discouraged. Excessive dehydration (or excessive exercise for that matter) as a way of expiating guilt is, though.[/quote]

Just want to note... I agree. There are so many reasons this "solution" is unhealthy. Frequent use of this method can even he dangerous.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    It is riddiculus that I gained 2 kg the last 3-4 days instead of losing weight.

You certainly didn't gain 2 kg of fat, though, not unless that "over 2000" was "over 15,400".

All you did was refeed a bit, you replenished the glycogen in your muscles and liver which was partially depleted before, and you retained water to balance the new molecules of glycogen.

Don't beat yourself up, that's the least healthy thing of all to do, and don't worry about trying to severely restrict yourself tomorrow. Just stick to your normal goal tomorrow. You don't gain weight or lose weight in a day, it's the long term that matters.

I plan on buying "Waterex" for it, I read online that it prevents water retention. It seems like a helpful supplement.

Waterex is a diuretic and will simply dehydrate you, and could lead to electrolyte imbalances. This is simply a bad idea.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Wear trash bags and a black hoodie along with a weighted vest (or backpack if you don't have one) and go run for 2 hours tomorrow. Rinse and repeat daily till the guilt dissipates. :)

Next time there's an event, drink a lot of water and have things with not many calories but a lot of caloric density before attending so you feel full quicker, such that any possible over-indulgence narrows.

Telling someone to wear trash bags, also, is detrimental for another reason. Trash bags have a chemical added to them which aids in the decomposition of the garbage deposited within. I'm sure that sweating inside of those garbage bags and coming into contact with that chemical is probably not good for anyone.
    Just because you see something in a movie doesn't mean it's a good idea IRL.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Wear trash bags and a black hoodie along with a weighted vest (or backpack if you don't have one) and go run for 2 hours tomorrow. Rinse and repeat daily till the guilt dissipates. :)

While the rest of your advice was fine, you may want to look into whether having these kind of guilt feelings and actions around exercise and food are normal, or dysfunctional.

As to the OP, the correct answer is to stay with program, log it and forget it.

PERIOD.

There is ZERO need to "compensate".

Guilt feelings and self hate that morphs beyond a little bit of extra motivation to stay within your goals next time are disturbing, and possibly quite unhealthy.

The compensatory behavior being contemplated is more dangerous than the additional couple of days (or couple of weeks, or frankly, the answer would have remained the same if we were talking a couple of months, or a couple of years) it may take to lose the weight gained during the day of over-eating.

As an extra note:
    The 500 calories of over-eating represent a single day's deficit. The posts exhibit a disquieting lack of understanding that your daily weight is not the same as your weight level.

You can figure out your weight level by using a weight trend application/web site such as www.trendweight.com, www.weightgrapher.com, Libra for Android, Happy Scale for iPhone.

Glycogen, sodium, hormone, and food in the intestinal tract all result in weight changes that far outpace weight changes associated with fat loss or gain.

Your body has a weight level, not a single point weight.

Use one of the apps/websites above to see what your weight level is doing, and only pull the panic trigger when the trending weight goes up 5bs because you over-ate a couple of days -- which were not evident in your diary which was bang on for most days.

Hint: you would need to eat more than 15,000 Calories ABOVE MAINTENANCE to achieve that. Good luck doing that eating less than 6,000 Calories a day, and even then we would be pushing it!

In the meanwhile carry on with your normal deficit... and forget all this drama and the self recrimination

Please and thank you.

THIS.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    This is my bodybuilding journey.. Last year i lost 65 lbs in the course of 3 months with extreme discipline and dedication..[snip]

This will be removed for a few possible reasons. I recommend reviewing the community guidelines:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I plan on buying "Waterex" for it, I read online that it prevents water retention. It seems like a helpful supplement.

I wouldn't. Water retention isn't a health problem, it's a normal part of your body being healthy. Your cells need to maintain the right amount of water or they can die. Let's be honest - we don't really want to lose "weight", we want to lose fat. Trying to force water out of your body doesn't help at all in that regard.

Yes, it can be a bit demoralizing when you have retained water and you step on the scale, but you need a long-term perspective. Your weight fluctuates daily by a lot. For example, just this past week I was stalled or on a minor gain for pretty much the entire week, then I lost more than 2 pounds on a single day. Of course the truth of the matter was I lost 2 pounds of fat over the course of the entire week, but retained water and didn't see the effect immediately. That's not a problem to be fixed - it's just a matter of having the right perspective on biology.

Also, did you weigh yourself more than once on the same day? Never do that, it's not helpful at all. Your weight naturally fluctuates by several kilos per day just as a result of normal biology. Your morning weight, after using the restroom, is the most reliable and typically lowest weight of your day. If you weigh yourself later in the day, you tend to have more weight. For example, I just weighed myself to see. I've "gained" 2.6 pounds since this morning. Now of course that's not real fat gain, it's the fact I just ate dinner, had a bunch of water, and haven't used the restroom in a while.