Hello, fellow tall ladies!

Options
Hi ladies, I'm also a fellow tall woman. I'm 6'1" and usually in between 150-155 pounds (thin hourglass shape). Every time I get pregnant, though, I gain A LOT. I've managed to lose all my pregnancy weight the past two pregnancies, and this is my third one and seems to be harder. I went up to 212 pounds at delivery (a 55 pound gain), and am now currently at 184 pounds due to cocentrated calorie counting and exercise. My goal is to be back to 160 while breastfeeding and 155 once done breastfeeding. Are there any other tall breastfeeding moms out there?

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I usually consider myself tall (5'9" but that's definitely short compared to 6'1") Every time I got pregnant I gained 60 pounds exactly. When I was nursing I found most my weight didn't come off until AFTER nursing (And I've read this is common) I hope everything works out for you!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Well, I consider myself tall at 5'8.. I'm taller than all of the other women around me. Lol Anyway, I am 177 with a goal of 160 at least, and I'm breastfeeding. At 15 months, my little one is no longer exclusively breastfed so I no longer worry about not getting enough calories ...or exercise cutting into my supply...
  • multigrainswain
    multigrainswain Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I also consider myself tall at 5'8 and just started using the app. Im trying to figure out how to determine the best amount of daily calories I need bc my little one is 19 months old and going strong!! I'm starting to decrease feeds a little bit but she has no plans of quitting anytime soon... I've noticed I gained a little weight recently and I'm guessing it's bc I'm nursing less. Currently after entering what I ate for today I'm like -665 haha
  • stephw517
    stephw517 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'10" here. Started at 175 (holiday weight) and gained 50. Currently at 190 6 weeks after delivery. I have a goal of 160, wishful thinking is 150. I've been on mfp for 10 days now.
    Still trying to figure out what my ideal calorie and workout plan should be.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!