Replies

• BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I hate trying in cloths.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    UK Sizes are ALL over the place. I can be a size 8 in one shop and try a size 10 in others and not be able to do the zip up.

So true! It's vanity sizing that gets to me. M&S have admitted to adding 2 inches to the sizes of thier standard range (not Et tu). I've been sized out of a few stores- I have real trouble finding clothes that are not too big in M&S, Coast, Prescis peitte, Monsoon, Next. - and Topshop have tiny sizes!

I stick to a couple of brands which i know will fit- but even then I have to tailor as i'm I'm only 5ft and also short-waisted so waistbands are all 'gappy' on me and have to be altered.

The worst of it though is that a size3 (US 6) in ladies shoes no longer measures the same- so now I'm a 2 or 2.5 and womens shoes don't start till a 3. Ridiculous, and no my feet haven't shrunk.

One question: has anyone found that their taste in fashion has changed since they lost weight ( not through necessity but through choice). I've got from tighter form-fitting clothing to prefering loose floaty styles since moving down a dress size. It could just be that 70's vibe in autmn fashion though........

• Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Other than a brief period in my teens when I was mildly interested in fashion and felt peer pressure to wear the "right" brands, I've never enjoyed shopping. And that was regardless of whether I was a size 2 or a size 16. What's to enjoy? Stores now are generally packed so full of merchandise they feel claustrophobic. Quality is for the most part totally lacking. Dressing room lighting is horrible. Sales staff seem to think they're doing the customer a favor by being there. All in all I much prefer to stick with a simple, somewhat classic wardrobe. It means I don't keep up with the latest trends, but neither do I have to waste time and effort on shopping. I know the brands and styles that I like so I just order more when needed.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    UK Sizes are ALL over the place. I can be a size 8 in one shop and try a size 10 in others and not be able to do the zip up.

So true! It's vanity sizing that gets to me. M&S have admitted to adding 2 inches to the sizes of thier standard range (not Et tu). I've been sized out of a few stores- I have real trouble finding clothes that are not too big in M&S, Coast, Prescis peitte, Monsoon, Next. - and Topshop have tiny sizes!

I stick to a couple of brands which i know will fit- but even then I have to tailor as i'm I'm only 5ft and also short-waisted so waistbands are all 'gappy' on me and have to be altered.

The worst of it though is that a size3 (US 6) in ladies shoes no longer measures the same- so now I'm a 2 or 2.5 and womens shoes don't start till a 3. Ridiculous, and no my feet haven't shrunk.

One question: has anyone found that their taste in fashion has changed since they lost weight ( not through necessity but through choice). I've got from tighter form-fitting clothing to prefering loose floaty styles since moving down a dress size. It could just be that 70's vibe in autmn fashion though........

I know the struggle! :)

I'm usually a size 3 but in a LOT of shops, the 3's can be a little on the loose side and I can very, very, very rarely find anything smaller than that so I'm stuck!

I've noticed my fashion tastes changing in the sense that I don't feel the need to wear big cover-up's to hide my arms or stomach! Definite win! :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Not anymore. Except when I shop for jeans. My body shape means that pretty much any low rise jeans are a disaster, and it's pretty much the only thing you find in stores nowadays... very frustrating. I found *one* type of jeans that fit me.