Weekends....Easier or Harder?

Options
Hey everyone,

Just wondered if you find the weekends easier or harder?

I'm finding as I don't work those days and spend a lot more time at home that the weekends are far more harder than weekdays. I've managed to include a gym workout in today and plan on doing a run tomorrow, but I'm constantly thinking about food....

How do you guys find the weekends?

Replies

• lucyleigh4
    lucyleigh4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite. I find weekends much easier. No idea why, but I guess the hectic pace at work during the week leads to stress eating? I don't know. But I always do much better at home.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I find them equal. Wake up, pre-log, go about my business.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I do find weekends more difficult because I am a bit more lax in logging. As in I don't typically pre-log. During the week, I don't have a chance to really stray from my plan because I am typically working 10-11 hours as a teacher, which is high stress at times. So I give myself a break on weekends. If I didn't, I would start my week incredibly crabby.

Now, that isn't to say I go crazy. I don't believe in cheat days for my particular goals, so if I have a bad day food wise (like I am today), I just log it and move on. Although, I find "bad" days have gotten less bad as my journey continues. What used to be a 1000 calorie binge has turned into more like 500. So it does get easier as time goes on.
  • lmcdonald1979
    lmcdonald1979 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    mutatedpie wrote: »
    I do find weekends more difficult because I am a bit more lax in logging. As in I don't typically pre-log. During the week, I don't have a chance to really stray from my plan because I am typically working 10-11 hours as a teacher, which is high stress at times. So I give myself a break on weekends. If I didn't, I would start my week incredibly crabby.

Now, that isn't to say I go crazy. I don't believe in cheat days for my particular goals, so if I have a bad day food wise (like I am today), I just log it and move on. Although, I find "bad" days have gotten less bad as my journey continues. What used to be a 1000 calorie binge has turned into more like 500. So it does get easier as time goes on.

Good points here thanks!
  • lmcdonald1979
    lmcdonald1979 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    lucyleigh4 wrote: »
    I am the opposite. I find weekends much easier. No idea why, but I guess the hectic pace at work during the week leads to stress eating? I don't know. But I always do much better at home.

Maybe I'll feel different in time and suppose each weekend won't be the same!
  • Suhrah623
    Suhrah623 Posts: 65 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    they are harder for me because I work weekends. I am up by 5:45 both days and work for 10.5 hours each day. I am starving all dang day long! and then my husband makes dinner so sometimes I dont really know the exact amount of ingredients he used to make it, know what I mean? I usually just take a break from logging on weekends because of all this, but still try to mentally log and make good choices.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Weekends are much easier because I am relaxed and can focus on myself.
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I find it harder on weekends. I work in a school so my weekdays are set; I work out in the morning when I can drag myself out of bed, because if I don't do it in the morning I don't do it at all. I pre-log and I eat the food I have prepared (because I have to bring it to work with me, it's easier to not stray). Evenings can be a little bit difficult, but weekends are harder - even if I have a work-out session, or take a long walk, and try to pre-log, due to the nature of my weekends (spur of the moment, meeting with friends, doing nothing, catching up with stuff at home, sleeping in late) I'm not always successful.

I also have more access to food (and can always buy more) but at school I pretty much have what I brought and whatever they are serving for lunch that day (which I dislike for the most part; I will eat salad so I'm eating something with the kids). And if I don't bring my debit card or cash with me, I can't buy something on the way home - and if I make it home without something unnecessary, unless I actually do need to go to the store for something important, I will make it through the evening without too much difficulty.

Another reason why weekends tend to be harder for me is that on Sundays I make a large batch of lunch food for the upcoming week; but the soups I make tend to be enough for 5 meals, and I seem to always forget about the weekend coming up too.

It's something I'm working on. So you're not alone!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Harder because I usually go out to eat.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I always work weekends so they're easier for me since I just don't eat at work.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Many folks eat a bit less on the weekdays so they can have a bit more on the weekends. Basically, looking at the weekly total rather than daily. Maybe this would help you.
  • ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Easier generally for me. More time for excercise and lots more walking with the dog.
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I used to have cheat days on the weekends since my s/o comes to visit. It was super difficult at first, since we love to eat out together. However, after eating healthier for a bit, I no longer have the desire to have a cheat day! :D I believe it gets easier as time passes.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I'm like you. I stick to it easily while at work Monday-Friday, and I work out consistently before work on weekdays. On the weekend I'm lax on work outs and tend to want to eat out more. Also....alcohol, lol.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I have no problems with either. My life no longer revolves around what, when, where, how much I will eat.
  • entwife
    entwife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I find weekends a bit harder. It's a habit thing - we have stayed in a lot more since having kids so i have been used to looking forward to watching a good movie, drinking some wine and having some chocolate. I need to break the food=relaxation habit. Might be time to pull out my embroidery again, keep my hands busy!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the same. I have two of my heavier workouts on Friday and Sunday so I budget myself more calories on those days. On Saturday I sleep in a bit and then treat myself to and late special breakfast at the coffee shop during my and line time. I skip lunch and toned then have plenty of calories for a bigger dinner.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Harder for me. I try to keep my week calories low so I can bank them for the weekends and have a little fun.
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I seem to find weekdays harder, as I work near many takeaway cafes/bakeries so I tend to go there for lunch. Whereas on the weekends I can plan better and spend more time making healthy meals.. I have improved though with pre-planning meals through the week so I hope to stick by that :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    I don't find weekends any easier or harder ... just different.

However, weekends are more enjoyable. :) During the week, I don't have much time for exercise, but on the weekends, I spend hours exercising .... so then I can have things like the 800 calories of waffles I had for breakfast yesterday, and the pizza I'm planning to have for dinner tonight. :grin: