3 Day Diet lost 10 pounds

Options
Hi I did the 3 days Diet or military Diet and lost 10 pound now trying to maintain with my fitnessPal and starting again the Diet on Monday I am planning to do it every week for at least 1 month you can only do it 3 days of a week though trying to lose 40 pounds in total
Has anybody try this for a month and had results?

Replies

• sinbad714
    sinbad714 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I don't want to burst your bubble but most of that was water weight. How about trying entering your stats into MFP and eating in a caloric deficit. This is much easier to sustain. read this!!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside/p1
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    The most real weight you're going to lose in 3 days, even if you're completely fasting, is 2 pounds. Everything else is water. And most people won't lose even that much, not unless they're exercising like mad. For me a three day fast is a pound of fat, maybe a pound and a half, gone. Sure not 10.

Think about it: You use maybe 2000 calories a day resting, maybe a bit more if you're active, so in three days that's 6000-8000 calories total. That's 2 pounds, give or take. That's it. The rest is water.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but you're not going to lose 40lbs in a month. And if for some reason you did, it wouldn't be a healthy way to do it and could mean a nutrient deficient issue as well a loss of lean muscle.
    Why rush it? It took more than a month to put on the weight, why would it be reasonable to take it off in such a short period?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Everything I have read about this diet has been negative, water weight loss in beginning, tendency to binge because it is very restrictive, and the plan doesn't look like you would meet nutritional needs.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's normal when beginning a diet to lose initial water weight. One does not have to restrict food choices, one has to but be in a caloric deficit, to lose weight.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    +1 every response in this thread.
    Military diet = unsafe and unsustainable. My father in law was going to do this, and was told by his doctor to avoid at all costs as the diet is not nutritious and very low calorie which is dangerous. I've also tried all those fad diets (including this one) until I found out that you don't have to eat very little or starve to lose weight. Being hungry all the time sucks. Find out the right amount of calories for you and stick with it..that is what myfitnesspal is for.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP does the fact that you can only do this diet for 3 days, seem strange at all to you? For long term success in losing weight and keeping it off, you should be looking for changes that you can make that will become permanent habits. Not a ridiculous combination of foods that when combined total less than 1000 cals/day.
  • random5483
    random5483 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Losing 10 lbs requires a 35,000 calorie deficit. At my height and weight (6'4" and 275 lbs), I burn about 2500 calories a day doing nothing. In 3 days that is 7500 calories. Let's say I run 5 hours each day, that is another 5000 calories a day or 15000 calories. So, if I ate nothing and ran 5 hours each day, I would have a net deficit of about 22,500 calories which is about 7 lbs.

Your weight loss was water weight. When you eat less sodium, your body retains less water and your body water content goes down. Less water = less weight. Water weight can be gained and lost in a day or two. Large swings in weight over a few days is almost always water weight. Since water weight loss is not permanent weight loss, you gain nothing. If you stuck to the military diet 7 days a week for a few weeks, you would find your weight loss goes down significantly after the first few days. Burning fat takes time. You can't magically lose 10 lbs of fat/muscle in 3 days.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    losing 10lbs of fat in 3 days is humanly impossible.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I don't see how you could lose ten pounds in three days. Is it possible that you made a mistake?

I'd advise plugging your info into the MFP and then following the instructions. It'll be easier and it will work. But if you want to do the fad diet, I wish you luck! :)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I don't see how you could lose ten pounds in three days. Is it possible that you made a mistake?
    Most of the weight loss from these fad diets is water weight, which will return almost immediately upon resuming a normal/sustainable diet. No way OP lost ten pounds of actual (non-water) weight in 3 days - not possible.
  • Ruthhormachea
    Ruthhormachea Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you all I apreciate the comments Good,Bad, and skeptics thanks again
  • Ruthhormachea
    Options
    I'm knew at this how do I delete this discussion?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Thank you all I apreciate the comments Good,Bad, and skeptics thanks again
    Hopefully you'll consider them and not just pass them over. Unattainable goals will usually cause people to quit and reform back to habitual behavior that got them overweight in the first place.
    A guide I use with clients is to shoot for 1% of their body weight. Continual progress with this goal is attainable and one doesn't have to go to extremes to do it.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Ruthhormachea
    Options
    Thanks I just wanna delete this anyone can tell me how? Is my second day here and I don't know how
    I just wanted to know if somebody had try it that's all but I felt a little attacked
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Thanks I just wanna delete this anyone can tell me how? Is my second day here and I don't know how
    I just wanted to know if somebody had try it that's all but I felt a little attacked

Sorry OP! This is a feeling that many here have about feeling attacked when they post. I'm truly sorry it happened to you.

To delete, if you're on the app, go to the upper right hand corner of the post and you will see 3 dots. Click on those. Then click report. There is an option in the drop down to delete.

I hope you find what you are looking for. Look on the threads for some nice people looking for more friends. I have met some really good friends that way.
    <3
  • jaywirth88
    jaywirth88 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Please do not feel attacked. The people that have commented about the dangers are not trying to attack you. We are all hear to support each other, and that sometimes means letting you know when something you are doing is unsafe. Your weightloss journey should be about changing habits to become healthier, and by doing these fad diets you are putting your body at risk. No hate here, just tough love.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options

No one attacked you, they told you the diet is unhealthy. And it most definitely is unhealthy. You even had a person who did the diet tell you so, you were asking for anecdotes, after all. What you really wanted was confirmation, but you won't get that here for dangerous crash diets.

To delete your post, click report on your original post, then flag it for deletion.
  • ninerbuff
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It's normal to feel uncomfortable when you think you've found a diet that's legit, but hearing from experienced people, it's likely not to be a diet that sustainable. That's really what you need to ask yourself. IF you can't eat that way the rest of your life, then like any other approach that's extreme, you'll regain the weight and possibly more. It's not an "attack" on you as a person, but a disagreement on the program.
    If you've dieted before, then just ask yourself, "did I gain weight back because I couldn't stick with it?" If the answer is yes, then you'll see why dieting isn't the way to approach permanent weight loss. What should be the approach? It should be one you can stick with for life. If you like your cultural foods and they aren't part of the Military diet, are you going to just abstain from them for life? Or would it be better to learn how to eat those foods and NOT regain weight? That's where calorie counting comes in.
    Again, look at it objectively and don't think that people just came down on you. The intent is to assist you in putting in the time, but ensuring it's not time you may waste.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

This discussion has been closed.