Good Meal Replacement Shake

Options
Hi guys!

Can anyone recommend a good meal replacement shake for me!
I don't want something that's just going to make me put on weight. It's only because i find it really hard in the morning to get breakfast together since I have to work.
Would just be much easier with a shake!

Thanks! :)

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Do you have a blender?
  • phoebe4fitness
    phoebe4fitness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Do you have a blender?

Yep I do! :)
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I drink the Premier protein shakes from Costco. They are 30 grams of protein for only 160 calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    If you have trouble meeting protein goals - then look for a protein shake. If it's just one meal, a protien shake is fine. But, a protein shake is NOT the same thing as a meal replacement.

With a blender you could make a smoothie. Protein powder, spinach, fruit & something for fat....like nut butter. You could even throw oats in there.
  • phoebe4fitness
    Options
    Thank you guys for your advice. Really does help. :)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I add a 6 oz. yogurt, a banana and/or strawberries, and use almond milk to make my shake. I don't do it very often, and it is a lot of calories, but it takes hours before I'm hungry again.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Metagenics has a good line of shakes. They are low carb and sugar if you care. The chocolate is pretty tasty too.
  • tjowens00
    tjowens00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to always grab horrible things for breakfast on the way out the door (pop tart, toaster strudel,etc. ). Now I drink a shakeology shake each morning. It makes me feel great and keeps me full until lunch!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My favorite breakfast shake is from a recipe courtesy of Alan Aragon. This is a monster shake, very tasty and very filling (and the coffee helps get me going in the morning!):

14 oz. cold or room-temp coffee
    1 frozen banana
    2 cups ice
    2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
    2 scoops chocolate protein powder
    1 oz. walnuts

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend to desired consistency.

Calories: 565
    Protein: 47g
    Carbs: 53g (Fiber 11g)
    Fat: 22g
    Sodium: 401mg
    Potassium: 1062 mg
  • phoebe4fitness
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Really helps! :)
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I use Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Vanilla Bean shake because it's a combination of a protein shake, a multivitamin & a probiotic, for women. It's cheaper to buy all of it in 1, than all 3 of those separately. I only buy it on sale & with a manufacturer & store coupons. So regularly for a 13 day supply, it'd cost about $18.00 but I'd wait until it was on sale for 1/2 price $9.00, then had a $2.00 manufacturer coupon & a $4.00 store coupon. So I'd be able to buy it for only $3.00 & save $15.00. I also often add coffee, to it.

1qzk4fxqccc0.jpg
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Remember that you'll likely get American brands suggested that aren't available here in Australia
  • phoebe4fitness
    Options
    Do you think I could still get it but online? :)
    That one sounds pretty good!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Can anyone recommend a good meal replacement shake for me!
    I don't want something that's just going to make me put on weight. It's only because i find it really hard in the morning to get breakfast together since I have to work.
    Would just be much easier with a shake!

Thanks! :)

Ya, I have smoothies for breakfast all summer long. Here's my original recipe:
    baf9b63320318ff741d4e65ce370553b.png

Trying the lower calorie Just Great Stuff powdered peanut butter for the first time today:
    9d514cd5a2625146c704469bced08df6.png

I get the protein powders from iherb.com. The Just Great Stuff is available there too, and cheaper there than on Amazon, but I caught it on sale at a supermarket for even less. There's also non-chocolate flavored.

Teeccino is an herbal coffee substitute. I brew coffee with half real coffee, half Teeccino. I get that from my food coop, but it's also available at teeccino.com, Amazon, and some supermarkets here.

• phoebe4fitness
    Options
    Thank you for your help! :)
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I've had good luck with the advocare shakes. I feel so full after them, so I use half a pack.

[Edited by MFP Mods]
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Casein protein seems to keep my full longer. I use it in smoothies or protein fluff.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    buying something online can be pricey
    before going that route, see what your local stores like walmart have to offer and compare prices
    I agree to compare prices, but often it's cheaper because the online stores sell in higher volumes, with lower overhead.

And you can find stuff that might be hard to find locally.