Low calorie alcohol

Which alcoholic drinks are low in calories?

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Gin. On the rocks with a twist of lemon.

http://getdrunknotfat.com/lowest-calorie-alcohol/
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    gin and vodka; here is the thing though alcohol is metabolized as sugar, and because of the high glucose content it stores as fat. Just something to keep in mind if its a regular thing. If its just for a good time; get the mojito and have fun.
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    I like Bloody Marys. The vodka and mix are low in calories, but the sodium is through the roof.
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    edited October 2015
    i was thinking about this recently too. Im used to drinking drinks that are alcohol + something sweet. I would now prefer to have a drink with less sugar but then again dont want to sip on something that tastes like straight vodka. Any suggestions ?
  • jess_howes
    jess_howes Posts: 9 Member
    Vodka lime and soda, my go to drink as it has minimal calories and carbs etc :)
  • LastingChanges
    edited October 2015
    jess_howes wrote: »
    Vodka lime and soda, my go to drink as it has minimal calories and carbs etc :)

Ive never had a drink with soda actually. Does it make the vodka taste very strong since soda is tasteless?
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Just remember, ALL alcohol is a poison, and your liver must drop everything it is doing in order to detoxify it. While this process takes 48-72 hours, you will not burn fat.....only accumulate it.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    edited October 2015
    Yi5hedr3 wrote: »
    Just remember, ALL alcohol is a poison, and your liver must drop everything it is doing in order to detoxify it. While this process takes 48-72 hours, you will not burn fat.....only accumulate it.

Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Everything can be poisonous in high enough levels. Witness the case of dihydrogen monoxide. Foodbabe/broscience will win you no friends here.
  • saladcrunchy
    saladcrunchy Posts: 899 Member
    Alcohol: Recommended Daily Allowance:
    Women = 2-3 units + 1 for men. The calculation for RDA is complicated by differences in the alcohol % (strength or volume) in each type of drink.

https://drinkaware.co.uk/check-the-facts/what-is-alcohol/what-is-an-alcohol-unit

b]Wine at 12% vol[/b]
    1 bottle = 750mls = Units: 9.8 - kcals: 564 - Carbs: 6
    1/2 bottle 375mls = Units: 4.9 - kcals: 282 - Carbs: 3
    1/3 bottle 250mls = Units: 3.3 - kcals: 188 - Carbs: 2 (Large glass)
    1/4 bottle 187mls = Units: 2.45-kcals: 141 - Carbs: 1.5
    Small glass 175mls = Units: 2.0 - kcals: 132 - Carbs: 1.25
    1/6 bottle 125mls = Units: 1.6 - kcals: 94 - Carbs: 1

It isn't all bad though; a moderate amount of red wine (also pure cranberry juice) may help thin blood, raise levels of good cholesterol and dissolve ‘young’ artery plaques. Pinot noir has the highest anti-oxidant rate and other beneficial properties.

Isoflavones also inhibit the growth of cells that form artery clogging plaque.
    isoflavones.info/"]isoflavones.info/[/url]

but you can get the isolavones in other ways

• Soya Milk
    happyjuicer.com/Dairy-Free/soy-milk-benefits.aspx
  • LastingChanges
    They are right alcohol is taxing on the liver and body has to work to get rid of it. I believe it even makes sugar drop after getting rid of it. But we do recover from it and as long as someone doesnt have an alcohol problem it shouldnt be an issue.
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Alcohol itself has calories, so there are no calorie-free alcoholic drinks. There's some god information here:

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/check-the-facts/health-effects-of-alcohol/appearance/calories-in-alcohol

• rnohou2010
    rnohou2010 Posts: 271 Member
    Bud Select 55 is 55 calories. Miller 64 is... you guessed it... 64 calories. Also they have only half the alcohol content of regular beers. Sure, they taste pretty crappy but OK for washing down food or when you don't want a sweet drink. I also drink them when I smoke cigars because the strong taste of cigars overpowers the subtle flavors of a good craft beer.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Red wine
  • friendlymush
    friendlymush Posts: 26 Member
    Quervo shots with a lime wedge, Michelob ultra, or dry wine
  • saladcrunchy
    saladcrunchy Posts: 899 Member
    Prosecco with limoncello
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    I personally drink tequila and soda water as my drink of choice. It's helped me get through this weight loss while still drinking alcohol.