Low calorie before excercise snacks

Options
Hi,
I'm going to attempt start workouts again (had to stop due to triggering seizures) and just wanting some ideas for snacks that really boost energy yet lowish in calories?
Thanks ☺️

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If they are "really going to boost energy" then they are either high calorie simple carbs or stimulants.
    First is counter to your low calorie wishes and the second is completely unnecessary.

Why do you think you need anything before your workout? Unless it's long duration (2hrs +) then I doubt you need anything apart from making sure you are hydrated.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    A banana and a cup of coffee. Perfect pre work out for the amount of calories. Be sure to check with your Doctor that it is safe to resume exercise.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    iona_ellen wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm going to attempt start workouts again (had to stop due to triggering seizures) and just wanting some ideas for snacks that really boost energy yet lowish in calories?
    Thanks ☺️

Well it depends on what you call lowish. But keep in mind that if you are going to burn 400 calories and you want, you can eat that 400 calories before you go burn it off. The net result is like you never ate anything at all. :)

And like Sijomial said above, you really don't need exercise food unless you're doing a really long or intense workout. And depending on the intensity and length of the workout, there may be certain options that are better suited to that type of workout.