Insanity survivor, now Asylum Hybrid or just Asylum?

Options
Hey guys,

2 workouts left of my first round of Insanity, I'm really excited to get those before and after pics up but I am just wondering what would be more beneficial to me to get me on my way to a more ripped and leaner me...

I was planning on doing The Asylum afterwards any who but shall I mix it up with say P90X or Insanity, do a hybrid or should I just stick to one..

Bit confused..

Thanks dudes & dudettes

Replies

• babychris1
    babychris1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Bumpings
  • roodledoodle
    roodledoodle Posts: 183
    Options
    Hi, I just finished my very first round of Insanity this morning by doing my last fit test, yay!!!! I was thinking of getting The Asylum but for me personally I'm going to have a recovery week and then do the second month of insanity again purely because I let myself down with the diet side of things this last second month. So I am going to tweak my diet and redo the second round again.

After that I've decided to do an insanity/P90x hybrid. If you go on line there are lots of different examples and you can print off a proper workout sheet/calendar for it.

After doing that I'll order the Asylum to mix it up again.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I bet you feel happy that you've got through Insanity and stuck with it for 2 months!
  • babychris1
    Options
    wow well done, It's definitely and achievement I already feel proud and ready to start something new!

Sounds like a good plan dude, will do no harm either way so go for it.

Cheers for the heads up I have all 3 workouts (P90X,Insanity, Asylum) Just picking one to do after insanity to match what I want out of my training..

Happy as Larry :-)

gonna do my before & afters tomorrow too.
  • roodledoodle
    roodledoodle Posts: 183
    Options
    Good luck with whichever one you choose to do! Before and after pics are always a good thing. Enjoy!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to get ripped, I'd recommend P90x. It's a pure bulking routine that will help you build muscle mass. Most people trying to build muscle go in cycles between cutting and bulking, so if you've just finished Insanity (cutting), P90x (bulking) is the next logical move.
  • babychris1
    Options
    Definitely looking to get ripped. great advice.

Torn between P90X & Body Beast

Heeeeelp!