Any 4ft 11'' shorties willing to share progress?

Options
Hello

I am 25, 4ft 11 and currently 10 stone.. I am hoping to get to my ideal weight for my height which requires me to loose around 2 stone! I would say I was a relatively healthy eater in general, although I must be doing something wrong because I always seem to stay the same weight!

I have been 'thinking' about it for a while and finally found something to spur me on to get on with it (partner and I booked a gig for a band we love in January) and I have decided I would like to work towards feeling more confident for that gig. I understand it will take a long time and am in no rush, but am using that as a 'push' :smiley:

I was wondering if there was anyone else out there who is my kind of height who may be willing to discuss progress and how they found the MFP app worked/is working for them?

I have not counted calories before (started this morning) so am assuming I must be consuming to many - I also seem to have the issue of skipping both breakfast and lunch, a habit I have had for about 3 years now (just don't feel hungry)..eating dinner and then eating late at night before bed. This is something I plan to stop - start my 3 meals a day as I am sure that will help, along side drinking more water, rather than tea ( I rarely drink alcohol, if I do its port, and don't drink fizzy drinks or juice).

I do not really eat a huge amount of sweet stuff, and cut out bread 2 years ago..I have lost weight since changing to a healthier diet and excising more.. but haven't lost in the last few years and would like to lose more and tone up some.

Any tips, progress photoss or advice any one can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks and here's to some progress!! :wink:

Replies

• ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 on a good day. I weigh 168lbs, looking to build muscle and slim down. Feel free to add me!

I've lost no weight this month (lost 22lbs last month) so I don't feel qualified to give advice or tips lol.
  • shantireddo
    shantireddo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ohmyllama wrote: »
    I'm 4'11 on a good day. I weigh 168lbs, looking to build muscle and slim down. Feel free to add me!

I've lost no weight this month (lost 22lbs last month) so I don't feel qualified to give advice or tips lol.

It sounds like you have done great so far!! 22lbs in a month is very impressive! May I ask, how have you lost your weight so far?

Thanks, I will add you :smiley:
  • Onmyway29
    Onmyway29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm 5'0 and weighing in at 155 as of today. I've lost 9 lbs this past month and am looking to lose a total of 30 or so. I've lost the same weight quite a few times but am looking to make this time permanent :) I lift free weights and am about to begin cardio ( once I get over this lovely cold). I'm looking to gain muscle and get below a size 6 pant!
    I just started on here a week ago ( I took a year hiatus)
    Feel free to add me :)
  • missannabel
    missannabel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 4ft 8, and have lost 30lbs in total. I use MFP everyday. I think I'd be lost without it. Feel free to add me. X
  • makeida1
    makeida1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 4' 11 and I am trying to lose 30 pounds. add me I am looking for support, and I am also able to motivate