Rebooting after 4 months

Options
I am rebooting where I am going and what I am doing. After surgery for Uterine cancer I gained over 90 pounds in two years. I was devastated to reach over 400 pounds! I realized I was miserable at that weight and I needed to take back some control over myself.

I joined a gym and started taking my lunch to work and eating breakfast at home to save money. It saved me over $300 a month so I took that money and paid for a personal trainer (got a great deal with the gym) It is just to have someone to help guide me in the right direction. I wish I had enough to have him 5 days a week but that is up to me to strive for.

My fitness pal is a great tool and helps me with the one part of my healthy eating that I slack on the most, my eating. Tracking my food is always the hardest for me. I will start but then I fall off and give up.

That is why I am back. I would love to find supportive people, Not just people for advice but people that will support me when I fall off the track. I know what I have to do I just need to work harder on doing it.

Replies

• runevine
    runevine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am sure you will do great! :)
  • fi_b
    fi_b Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You have the right attitude, and that's usually the biggest hurdle! Staying positive and not beating yourself up when you do slip up (we all do it!) is something that takes time to get good at but it's so important to forgive yourself, you are human after all :)

Great work on making some fantastic lifestyle changes so far, you're going to nail your goal in no time!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You have a fantastic attitude and you are doing great :)
    Keep up the good work and stay strong - you can do this.
  • rdruzba
    rdruzba Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am in the same boat. I broke my back two years ago and can barely walk.I put on over 80lbs since accident and I need to lose 150 lbs before the surgeon can repair the damage. I am completely lost and looking for any guidence and support thats offered.