Tracking steps vs. exercise

Options
So if I am tracking my steps and mfp adjust calories based on that, I probably shouldn't add exercises that will adjust my calories even more. Right?? Or does mfp consider both and only count some? I don't want to intake too many calories because I'm counting those added calories twice.

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat back all of your exercise/step calories. Some suggest eating back just half of them.
  • SarahStartingOver
    SarahStartingOver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It depends what kind of tracker you have and what kind of exercise you are doing. For example if you have an HRM that might track all kinds of exercise for you, but if you have a pedometer, it will only track exercise where you are moving so you might want to track something like strength training or yoga :) Most of the time when you link your tracker to MFP it'll be more specific about how to work it with the website. Good luck!!
  • Amberleah21
    Amberleah21 Posts: 55 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    That makes sense. I recently got a Fitbit and my calories adjust based on my steps automatically. Didn't know if I should add calories burned during workout from Fitbit to mfp. I think it's covered since right now I'm mostly doing cardio exercise.

And yes, I rarely eat more than half of those calories back. But I just want to be sure bc it does happen sometimes, especially on the weekends.

Thanks
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    If your Fitbit is adjusting calories from steps, it will adjust them from exercise too.