Cheat Day?????

Options
Is it good to have a cheat day?????

Replies

• VanityAngel2015
    VanityAngel2015 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Depends on the individual. I think cheat days are good so you don't feel like you're missing out on things you might crave and cause you to undo all the hard work you put in. If a cheat day seems too much then a cheat meal may be an idea.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    You will get a lot of mix views on this. I personally believe that eating at maintenance time to time can help the mindset of losing weight, but to call it a cheat day is just silly. Ultimately, it comes down to your personal preference. As long as a cheat day is still logged so you can work it into your weekly deficit, you'll be okay.
  • MrsOwens2002
    MrsOwens2002 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started this (again). I did a cheat day on Saturday because we went to a festival and I knew I was going to be a total B if I wasn't able to have anything. But instead of confining it to the fest I just took the whole day. I think in the future I will keep the cheat concept, but be more conservative with it. If I could do it over again I would have just confined it to the fest and eaten a good breakfast and snack prior to arriving. I did do some calorie restriction on the day prior and the day after. I think I will do less of that, too. All of this being said, I could never give up the cheat day or half day or meal because it would seem too restrictive. On the bad days where I just want to quit I need something to look forward to.
  • MrsOwens2002
    MrsOwens2002 Posts: 10 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    You will get a lot of mix views on this. I personally believe that eating at maintenance time to time can help the mindset of losing weight, but to call it a cheat day is just silly. Ultimately, it comes down to your personal preference. As long as a cheat day is still logged so you can work it into your weekly deficit, you'll be okay.

I agree with you, and "eating at maintenance" seems like an accurate description. When I logged all of the food I ate and it gave me the "if everyday was like today, in 5 weeks you would weigh..." it was almost exactly what I currently weighed. I feel like I am splurged (maybe too much), but I think regarding it as you described it is a good idea.
  • DelmaFreemanWalker2015
    Options
    Noted...thank you for the info/advice.
  • thintribe2014
    thintribe2014 Posts: 36 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    no
  • Cheeseandcats
    Cheeseandcats Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I feel like I need to at least have a cheat meal (if not a whole day) once every few weeks. That way, I don't go crazy and want to give up.